Get Your House In Order: Cancer Gala 2015

"For God said, who said, 
"Let there be light in the darkness, "
 has made us understand that this light
 is the brightness of the glory of God
 that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ."
2 Corinthians 4:6

When Jeff sent me an email about going to another Gala this year, I can't say I was that excited. Don't get me wrong, I am all about raising funds for causes and these types of events are wonderful venues to do so. And for most people (girls), the idea of getting dressed up and going out is.. ideal. It used to be for me. Now, I prefer a much lower profile, a home cooked meal, earlier bedtime and being with my family. The problem with that is, I have made that ideal, so now we shake it up:)

I quickly changed my mind and my attitude when I found out that this was the ARTBLINK Gala for The UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center to raise funds for cancer research. A cause close to my heart. And not to mention, Jeff and I are way over due for a date night. My attention has been in a thousand different directions lately. Yesterday I decided to begin again with these words....
be where you are. 

First shot..no jacket:)


Second Shot with Jacket:)

Time to go!


We had such a good time, the artwork was fabulous, enjoyed seeing people we hadn't seen in a while and definitely had a few laughs. So glad for opportunity to go to such a worthwhile event!


Day#59 Focus on being where you are
Blesssings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture