Get Your House in Order: His Banner Over Me is Love

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." 

John 13:34-35



Decorating for holidays is one of favorite things to do. Over the past few years, I have not done as much. I had the ideas and maybe even the decor but just didn't get around to it. Last weekend I took thirty minutes or less to make  a Valentine banner for my shelf in the kitchen. To say that little banner makes me so happy would be an understatement. I finally made time to do something I love and can quit imagining a banner on that shelf (haha, thanksgiving and Christmas came and went with only the idea in my head and not on the shelf)! 

As the week went on, I gradually added some other accents....


This is simply just a Valentine card,from a friend that I framed.



And here it is below my favorite painting (normally over mantle, but left it there after Christmas, kinda lovin' it there). I would love to put some chocolate kisses or candy sweethearts in the glass container, but we have two dogs that would eat them in a snap! So, I just filled it with pink netting:)


For any of you who went to Vacation Bible School as kids, do your remember that song that "His Banner Over Me is Love"?? 

Lyrics 

The Lord is mine and I am His, His banner over me is love.

He brought me to His banqueting table, His banner over me is love.

He lifted me up into heavenly places, his banner over me is love.

He is the vine and we are the branches, His banner over me is love.

Jesus is the rock of my salvation, His banner over me is love.

There's one way to peace through the power of the cross, His banner over me is love!

What a sweet song! That is my heart tonight as I think and pray of several people that I know of going through some really difficult things right now. Releasing them to the One who can comfort and heal and deliver. Amen

"We love Him, because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Day #17 Discipline yourself to take time for things you love to do

Blessings, 

Suzanne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture