Get Your House in Order: Stick to the List

"For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord."
2 Thessolonians 3:8

Jeff,Santa and I at the TherapySouth Christmas Party 2014
Today has been another good family Sunday! Though this week we stayed home after church, ate lunch together at the table and all just kinda rested in our own way. Honoring the sabbath, trying to slow down the pace. The only thing I really wanted to do was make out our weekly menu (everybody gave me a dish they like) and make a grocery list. After a nice little nap, I did both:)

I cannot tell you what a stress reliever it is to have a menu. Now saying that,why in the world did I not do that for the last four or five months? I have been out of the routine and just never made time to sit down and do it. It took me a total of ten minutes today. Then another five to ten to make out the grocery list to accommodate the recipes. Not only does it relieve stress, it saves money. We did way too much eating out last year, mainly due to convenience. It is just not the best choice, health wise or financially. Time to change.

Another adjustment I am implementing is doing my grocery shopping on the weekends. So with my list in hand, I set out to Publix, actually Jeff and I set out Publix... wow, we have not been to the grocery store together in years!!! I invited him to come along for the fun of it, like a date..haha! Not to divide and conquer like in the past, but just to hang out, hmmm, it used to be fun. So, it was a forty minute date:) 

The hardest part for me was sticking to my list! That was my goal. To get just what we needed. Not buy something just because it is on sale. Not go overboard with produce that ends up being wasted. Not buying stuff that I am not planning to cook this week. I really had to think about it. Stick to the list!

How many times do we do that with our relationship with God? We set out on Sunday to make this week different and spend more time with Him and make him a priority. We set out to try and change behaviors that we know are not pleasing to Him, but quickly fall right back into old ways. We use our time on things that have no kingdom value. And we don't stick to the truth, God's word! 

I thank God for His grace and mercy. For times when I don't stick to the list, and He redirects me. I love and adore Him more than words can express. I pray for each person reading this, that whatever they may be going through, they will be filled with the hope that only you can give.  You are mighty to save. I give you the Glory, Lord. Amen. "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you amy be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

Day #11 Discipline yourself to stick to the list

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
-Leo Tolstoy
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture