Get Your House in Order: The Sky is the Limit

"The whole earth is filled awe at your wonders; 
where morning dawns, where evening fades, 
you call forth songs of joy." 
Psalm 65:8


While pouring my second cup of morning coffee, I glanced out the kitchen window, as I always do. Wow, can't say that I have seen a morning sky that beautiful lately, if ever! Right before sunrise, the pink sky was so bright mixed in with yellow and the blue. What a perfect picture to share, I thought. I grabbed my phone and tried to capture it through the window panes. But through my phone the picture just looked like a gray sky? So I quietly opened the front door. Barefoot. In my pajamas, I stepped outside..snapped the picture. Same thing. Gray picture. Not happening.

Hmmm? I put the phone down and take one more look at God's handiwork in the sky and head back to my chair for more quiet time. Then it hit me. OHHH. This is such a good example of wanting to capture my experience with God and share it immediately. Sometimes what He shares with us is just for us. From Him to us. Sometimes it is meant to be passed on to others. I am learning to know the difference.

Slowly I am learning this process. Being more aware of His presence, more aware, that what I see is not necessarily what others see. He made us all unique. Unique to have a relationship with Him. And then with others.

And just for confirmation of the sunrise, my walk was a little later today and I saw the same sky close. The sunset. Pink, yellow and blue. Absolutely beautiful. And I didn't have my phone for a picture. I am sure that is just the way He wanted it. I have the picture in my mind.

What has God shown you lately?

Day#19 Discipline yourself to look up daily
Blessings, 
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture