Get Your House In Order: Road Trip

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter 

and your lips with shouts of joy."

Job 8:21

We made it to South Carolina...



Forty Two Celebration Time (Take Two)

Wait a minute, you mean we are not twenty-four...haha....we kinda had to do a re-take..

Twenty-four Celebration..opps...(Take one)

When I laid my head down on the pillow last night, my mind began to think of all the very fun times Shannon and I have had over the years. The second half of the story from yesterday is the best part. At the end of my junior year of high school, Shannon and I got together, I could drive myself now to Atlanta. So, I could go and see my Memaw and Papaw and Shannon in my own car, way cool! We really connected again that summer, just like we did in preschool. Now, I see that it was ALL the hand of God. I wish that I had seen that part of it then, (HIM) but you live and learn, I can thank Him now: He is a forgiving God and He waited on me."I love all who love me. Those who search for me shall surely find me." Proverbs 8:17. Anyway, after all those years of writing letters to each other, short visits, phone calls....we had the chance of a lifetime....

we became roomates at The University of Alabama !!!!!


We spent time going back and forth to see each other, my senior year and then we were "BAMA bound." Oh my at the freedom! We lived in Tutwiler dorm and met some of the greatest friends there (love you girls), together! Here at colleg, we still had our separate lives, different sororities and classes (we did have Italian together, haha) but at the end of the day, we were there in that tiny room, finally daily, like we had always wished for. Sniff, sniff.So sweet.


Shannon transferred after two years, but we just picked up our regular routine of going where the other one was at the time. It is just an amazing connection, I tell you!

Day#23 Discipline yourself to always look back and see the hand of God

Blessings,

Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture