Get Your House in Order: One More Room

"He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; 
He also will hear their cry and save them." 
Psalm 145:19

We have lived in our house for thirteen years. Over the past few  years, we have changed the color schemes to a much lighter pallet, updated the kitchen, converted the dining room to my office, did a bathroom renovation and both kids have had room redo! So, I guess you could say I have been trying this "Get your house in order" deal for a while..haha! There is just one room left that is in need of an update..the playroom. It is supposed to be a formal living room, but we have always used it as a playroom. And it really has never had a style. 

I am posting this with the hopes that I can make this a goal and have it finished in the next month or so! Oh,but do I dare take a picture and expose? It's a hot mess in there, mix match at it's best!! I find myself thinking up all these ideas and just never getting to them.  Thus, the pieces in there don't go together at ALL!And let me tell you a little secret I had to boldly make myself realize "I am not the DIY person I thought  I was"! Great ideas, little follow through. But I do love a good magazine to search for ideas to copy and decorating blogs have become a way I can lose myself if I am not careful.  So, the playroom it is. My winter room project! I will keep you posted on the progress. 
Playroom is behind the curtain from my office.and I must start using my good camera:)
Just as my home has been updated and renovated so has my heart(talk about mix match!).  Every room in our heart has a purpose. And the Lord has access to them all. And yes, we have to expose them in order to heal them. We are his project, not the other way around. He has a plan for our lives, our hearts. Our part is seek Him, His Face, His Presence. Not just His hand. The beauty is in His presence. "He said "I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness: make straight the way of the Lord." John 1:23

What about you? Do you have a room that you are thinking about updating? I would love to hear from you!

Day#10 Discipline yourself to do one project this season

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture