Get Your House in Order: The Next Five Days

" Two can accomplish more than twice as much as one, for the results can be much better. 10 If one falls, the other pulls him up; but if a man falls when he is alone, he's in trouble."

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


Lunch in Douglasville,GA with Susan and Betty

Today I begin my five day celebration with my very first best friend, Shannon. We met in preschool when my family lived in Douglasville, GA. We immediately connected and had the same interests. Our favorite activity was playing with our dolls, endlessly. We would dress them, feed them, push them in the strollers...really anything we did we were always making the other one laugh. My family moved to Alabama when I was in first grade. I hated to leave my best friend behind:( But we can thank our parents for keeping the connection, via trips and visits and mailing lots of letters. My grandparents lived in Atlanta and almost every time we came through Douglasville,  we would pick her up (and I would cry if it didn't work out..haha) or I would stay at her house. So many cherished memories over the last thirty-seven years (wow)!

Summer visit in 2013

We wanted to plan a trip for our fortieth birthdays and we are just two years late on that...but this is the weekend! Six years ago, I planned a trip to her house, with my little ones, on the MLK holiday. A few days before we were leaving, I found the lump and had begun the process of seeing doctors. I can't think of a better place for me to have gone that weekend.  Still not knowing the results, this gave us time to enjoy life like we always had, now with our own babies, not dolls. And little did we know, about to face the battle of breast cancer. Laughter is the best medicine. "Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." Psalm 126:2


So almost to the day, we are celebrating being forty (plus two) and my six year cancer free anniversary! A road trip to the beach tomorrow, here we come,  for some major relaxation and laughter, catching up, and eating good  food (no cooking!) I am planning to blog a little something each day, hopefully we have service there:) That will likely be the only time I am plugged in, I am on vacation:)


I stopped in Douglasville today and had lunch with Shannon's mom and her best friend, I always try to see them on my trips. They come to us or we meet up, it's just what we do. Those two remind me of peanut butter and jelly, you gotta have them both, always together (love you, Betty and Susan).


Tonight, in Shannon's home, I am extremely thankful for this day. Thankful for dinner together and entertainment with her girls, around her kitchen table, telling stories and sharing. Thankful that I have two days off to recharge and a weekend. Thankful to say, as I did to Shannon tonight..."WE have come FULL CIRCLE in six years." 


Now onto the new beginning....knowing that how much or little we talk, text or write (used to), we will always have each other. 

Day #22 Discipline yourself to celebrate big and small things

Blessings, 

Suzanne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture