Get Your House in Order: Learning, Truth, Forgiveness


"God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things."
1 John 3:20

Like Mother Like Daughter..we love journals!!!!
Abby and I made a quick shopping trip to TJ Maxx on Wednesday, while Luke was studying for his Math test. She was looking for the perfect journal to use this year in her D-Group (as in Discipleship Group). I laugh because of all the things to look at in that store, that section is where I always go first. Journals, paper, pretty books, it's just what I like...the more unique the better! Guess she gets that from me. If my house caught on fire, I would of course, grab my family first and then my journals. Lots of memories, favorite scriptures, revelation and experiences are on those pages. Years of them, all hand written. I treasure them. And I thank God that I have kept it up so long. I pull one off the shelf almost daily to reflect back or get a verse. Almost every verse at the top of my posts come from the journals.

Anyway, I started out this series talking about a book I had been reading called "the Disciplines of Life" by V.Raymond Edmun and have since started rereading so I can share some of it with you.  It amazes me that this was written in 1948! But then again, the Bible kinda has that beat, huh??? Smile. 

The very first chapter is about the discipline of discipleship. 

"Discipleship means "discipline!" The disciple is that who is has been taught or trained by the Master, who has come with his ignorance, superstition, and sin to find learning, truth, and forgiveness from the Savior." (p 9)

Look at that! This is the picture of a disciple....


  • taught or trained by the Master
  • come with our sin (and ignorance..yep)
to FIND

  • learning
  • truth
  • forgiveness from the Savior
Let that soak in.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." John 1:12

Abby finally picked between several journals and found the perfect one. I think I will write this in the front of her journal?   I just got her approval:) I will write it in Luke's journal as well. Thank you God for helping us to find learning, truth and forgiveness from you. Amen.

Day #16 Discipline yourself to learn  a little something new each day


Blessings,
Suzanne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture