Get Your House in Order: Be Intentional

"O Lord, You have searched me and known me, you know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off."
Psalm 139:1-2
Boston is glad it's Friday too!!


How is your Friday going? All I can say is that I am ready to kick back a little!! after a week of adjusting back into our work, school and activities routine, a quiet Friday is music to my ears!! Though, it has been one of the best weeks that I can remember so far, maybe because things are different, maybe that I am different? 

I have noticed that I have tried my best to be more intentional about whatever it is I am doing. If I was working, I worked. If I was listening to a child's story, I listened. If I had few minutes to spare, I was putting a few more items in their place. If I was laughing, I enjoyed the moment. If I crossed something else off the list, I said thank you. If I worried or felt fear, I asked God to take it from me. If I wanted to say something I shouldn't, I thought about it before I spoke and kept my mouth shut. When I am writing, I ask the Lord to use His words not mine. I feel like I am actually living life, not running through it or numb to it, but truly living. Living free. Living free in Christ Jesus. Without Him, I am a complete mess:)

The truth sets us free. When we are honest with ourselves and with other people, we can be nothing but free. Thus, being dishonest keeps us in bondage and blind in our own ways. I pray for the Lord to help me be more honest and convict me of the my own shortcomings on this journey of living. For at the end of the day, the only person I can change is me:)

Being intentional for me this past nine days has taken our phrase "live thankful" to a whole new level. I find it a little harder to grumble when I am more focused on being thankful. When I am focused on the cross. "Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." Matthew16:24

 So, today I challenge you (not before I am challenging myself) to listen to what you hear yourself saying and what you are doing with your time. Is it honoring God? Is it bringing you closer to His character or colliding with worldly culture? Measure everything according to the truth "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that is good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2


Day#9 Discipline yourself to be intentional

Blessings, 
Suzanne




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway