The 2014 Unlikely Angel


"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ"
Colossians 2:2



I met an unlikely angel, with a strong message, last New Year's Eve. I just found the story that I had recorded in one of my journals and I don't think I ever shared it. Here again, it was a great reminder for me as well tonight!

The kids and I headed to the big metropolis of Jasper, Alabama,from the lakehouse, to break up the holiday week (and probably a few fights:) The Jasper mall is not huge but does have a Belk, Bath and Body Works and a selection of other stores but for some reason the kids and I ended up in ...none other than...K-Mart (the Big K). Woo-hoo! I was more excited than I would like to admit about finding a new 2014 calendar and yes, I needed it before January 1st! Abby and Luke had ventured off to the pet section to find some things to purchase with their christmas money. 

While picking up each calendar, trying to make a decision and barely noticing others around, I suddenly see a man, likely in his eighties, jeans, button-down shirt and a ball cap appear very closely to me, as if he knew me. Then he acted as if he knew me and said "Hello, maam, how are you?" Kinda puzzled and slightly uncomfortable, I reply "fine." My thoughts go something like "surely he not going to ask me for money or for help?" To "Is he lost?" Then he says "the Lord just wants me to tell you , be encouraged, I know what you are going through and where you are, I am going to take care of it. Daughter, be encouraged. I am just saying what He sent me to say." And off he walks. I about drop my calendars.

Still standing in the calendar isle, Abby and Luke spot me and I start whispering, as they are coming towards me..."Guess what just happened...(whole story, every detail)wow!" They are intrigued now and pointing to every man in the store asking if that was him (in a whisper). Haha. After a short while, they go back to the pets and I go back to the calendars. Again, I begin the search for the perfect calendar to fill up for the new year. 

Then I hear the man's voice again, as he passes behind me "Happy New Year to you". I hold nothing back at this point.. I yell through the Jasper K-Mart..."You too, I receive what you said!!!" I hear a "good", come from that now familiar voice, he never turned around,just keeps on walking. Like an angel. In K-mart. On New Year's Eve. Completely touched my heart and gave me the confirmation I needed for this year, 2014. He has taken care of many "its". Thank you, Lord.

So, tonight I say to you...daughter or son, be encouraged!What a mighty, awesome Savior and Lord we serve, who does for us what we cannot do for ourselves. His will, not ours. "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

Blessings, 
Suzanne

"Faith never denies reality but leaves room for God to grant a new reality." -Jim Cymbala

"Go forth and Stand upon the mount before the Lord."
1 Kings 19:11





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture