Full Circle

"For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord."
Proverbs 8:35


I had a full circle moment yesterday, on an ordinary day, doing an ordinary task. Yep I was jut sweeping (swiffering) away underneath my bed, and not before it needed it (totally joking), when I pull out lots of dirt and various objects. Then I saw it. A small cross. It's actually a part of an old fishing lure, with it rubbery texture! I immediately picked it up, and put it in my hand. 

Full Circle Moment on November 1st

I think to myself "Here we go again, Lord. It's not about me, life is about you."  A simple, sweet reminder. The day after I finish the 31 days of Pink series, I felt as if I had come full circle from January 25, 2009 when I held two steri-strips in my hand, much this same way, from my core biopsy bandage, with blood in the middle, that formed a white cross. Same message. It's not about me, it's about the cross. Pretty awesome!

Among the dirt and mess, THE CROSS!!
Many of you have told me that you have enjoyed the Caringbridge journal entries because you did not know me during that season. Proof of all the people God has placed into my life since then! So thankful for each of you. I am including my very first entry, telling how it all began.


My very first journal entry.....
January 28, 2009
My Story is the introduction to our CaringBridge site. Suzanne has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and is fully aware of God's presence at this time. 
Be sure to read the latest in the journal, for periodic updates on Suzanne's walk. 

Psalm 143:8 says "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for you, I lift up my soul." For ten years now I have gone to the Lord in the mornings to read his word, little did I know he has been preparing me for this very time to show me HIS unfailing love, peace, comfort, joy, patience and abundant presence, to Him I give the glory, for he wrote my story long before now and I am his vessel to be used. The Lord is healing me!!! So, honoring Him first.....here's my story..
I found a lump in my breast on Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 and saw my OB/GYN on that Thursday. I thought it was probably a fibroid cyst since I had one removed years ago. However, I have been diligent in self exams due to the fact that my precious Mom had breast cancer at age 44. My doctor sent me to have a mammogram (ouch) and an ultrasound. Experiencing the peace of God, I waited a week to see the surgeon. I did not know this surgeon, but I know now God chose him for me. After he examined me, he asked if I had any questions and we talked a minute, and then he looked me in the eye and said "There's a possibility this is cancer." Those are words that you just don't think will ever be said to you.
In his compassion, he got me in to see the radiologist within 10 minutes for a ultrasound/core biopsy. I was still in good spirits and thinking it was still just a fibroid in my mind, yet there was a stirring in my heart knowing God was calling me to something bigger. That biopsy was on a Thursday and here again we had to wait. I cannot even express the peace I have been given. Many of you have known me for years and can attest to the fact that I used to worry and have anxiety in a bad way!
On Sunday, as I was getting ready for church, I decided to take off the bandage from the biopsy. When I peeled it off, I was holding two steri-strips that made a white cross in my hand----at that moment I knew that this is not about me, it's about Jesus Christ and by His wounds I am healed. By no other way, He is the way, the truth and the life!(John 14:6).
On Monday, Jeff and I had an appointment with Dr. Phillip Fischer, my surgeon. The nurse handed me gown and said he wanted to examine me again. When he came in his words were "I got your test results back and I didn't like them.........I am sorry but you do have breast cancer." As I laid down, for now what felt to be a different examination, I said "God is in control." From there we began talking about options and tests, etc. I have decided to have a bilateral (double) matectomy with reconstruction with tissue expansion. By the tests, it appears to be a stage 1 or 2 cancer. Jeff and I also met with the plastic surgeon that same afternoon. My chest x-ray and bloodwork came back normal which is good news.
I am so excited about this site, as for those that know me, you know how I like to keep everyone informed and invite you to walk very closely with me on this journey. I am learning so much daily about what it truly means to live in the present moment! Jeff, Abby and Luke appreciate the love and prayers. Your emails and phone calls are giving me such encouragement! It is my prayer in all this (and all this is feeling like alot right now)..that as you pray for me, you keep going and get to my LORD, my SAVIOR and my JESUS! Love you all with a big ole hug!!!!!!! Suzanne


I pray that your eyes will be open to see the reminders that God gives you! Loving this full circle moment, let me know about yours......

Blessings,
Suzanne


"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."
Hebrews 11:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture