Falling into Forty-two...literally...

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of the Lord stands forever." 
Isaiah 40:8



I ushered in my forty-second birthday, like any other day with a big ole (very strong) cup of coffee and my time with the Lord,  reading and writing. My verse for the day was : "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because your now that the testing of your faith develops perserverence. Perserverence must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 2:1-4 I read through it again and kinda sat there like, hmmm, this is certainly true, yet not the typical birthday wish or prayer, Lord? And perserverence, have you seen what the past week has been like? I am working on the joy part, I really am, and I have seen much joy in all tests! Oh my human mind cannot even fathom  my Holy Father's ways. But hearing "perserverence must finish it's work", wow. Okay, I am yours, I am celebrating, I am full of joy, I am going into this forty-second year with a whole new perspective, I have MUCH to do, for you, Lord! Amen.

My heart melted when I saw that Jeff and the kids had done for me what I always LOVE to do for them..they had my presents on the table with cupcakes from Edgars Bakery (yum) and 42 candles:)
Each one of them put thought and effort into their gifts and made me feel especially special! Abby made a handpainted cactus plant with a card that said "the point is ..happy birthday" (I will do a post on it soon)..amazing!! Luke 's was an off white, distressed, iron cross..love!! And Jeff gave me an armband for my phone while I am running and some funds for some running new shoes...so pumped! And an adorable decorative platter, brownie points!!Most of all, they sang me happy birthday. And we ate cupcakes for breakfast. Birthdays are just something to be celebrated in my book, and this has been a celebrated day!



I spent the day with my Mom, I shared that she was in the hospital last week and we had her follow up visit with the Rheumotologist today. It was a gift to see her up and dressed and looking more like herself! She is recovering well, just a little slower than she is used to! Thank you all for the emails, texts and calls, the prayers have been felt and helped her so much! Please continue over the next few weeks, I know our God is Sovereign!

Now, for the fun story of the day..you know I believe in being real, and so let me just disclose what happened at the end of my run with my new armband and music blarring..pep in my step birthday, celebrating self...I felt myself trip a little, then FALLING FORWARD, then catching myself or
maybe not, total face plant...into the asphault road. I really thought I left my lip there. Hmm, is that blood? Yep, if I can just get home, I kept thinking. And I did. The poor kids were on the trampoline and their bloody face Mom comes out the door saying "I need some help." So, I kinda look like I missed a great halloween costume..bloody nose, fat lip, scraped handsand some skinned knees. But very thankful nothing is broken!!! I am still celebrating, I just opted out of eating the pizza tonight, it sounded too painful..haha! Here it is folks, just posting so if you see me at Publix or the football field or at church you know the story, I was beaten up or in a wreck I was "falling into forty-two." Perserverence;)
By His wounds we are healed! Isaiah 53:5


Blessings,
Suzanne

" For the battle is the Lord's." 
1 Samuel 17:47

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture