Better than a Fortune Cookie

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." 
2 Corinthians 3:17


My coworker,Nolan and I went into a healthcare facility for a meeting and were given an identification badge with a number and....a handwritten scripture on the back! I loved it. I could tell by the warm welcome from the receptionist that it was likely her handwriting:) As we walked through the hall, both us reading our scripture for the day, I made the comment "Well, this is way better than a fortune cookie!" We kinda laughed because I have never once seen scripture in a fortune cookie, have you?

A few weeks later, I had some fortune cookies at home, bought from Wal-mart and when I cracked it open I was surprised that it said....

"God looks after you especially."

Not because I don't believe that, but because I had never seen a fortune like that! It was not scripture exactly but it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear that day! A sweet confirmation. I snapped the picture above and sent it to Nolan. I needed to hear those words today.

God looks after you especially. 

His word says "Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! For the Lord your God will be with you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6  Scripture, God's word, is better than any words that are given or spoken to me. "The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than double-edged sword, it penetrates even to the dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

So, whatever you may have going on today, remember that God is with you! I hope that it brings you the same comfort it brings to me! Read His word, study His word, love His word, it's way better than a fortune cookie, and fills you up with what you need!!

Blessings,
Suzanne

"For I, the LORD, your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, " Fear not, I will help you." Isaiah 41:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway