31 Days of Pink: Port Removal and Closure

"Know ye not that...ye are not your own?" 
1 Corinthians 6:19H




Having a medi-port put in (surgically)  for my chemotherapy and Herceptin treatments was a blessing because I have the world's worst veins to access! It was just another part of the process, another scar and yet it too, taught me something about myself along the way! Mainly that I hold onto things or people because of  the fear that I won't be secure without them. God is teaching me to let go of  that fear and replace it with trust and security in Him. Nothing can separate me from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39). There is such power when there is removal and closure. And way more room for God to work in my life and in the lives of others. Thank you, Lord for your restoration and revelation of truth, order and cooperation. Help me to remember that your ways are Higher than my ways.  Amen.

Here is my Caringbridge Journal  on my experience with the port removal...out for good!!!!

September 29, 2010

"Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 2:3For the past twenty-one months of my life I have felt very much like a soldier! My actual military knowledge of a soldier is limited but I can truly say I have been on the front, middle and now back line! It occurred to me on Sunday, three days after my port removal, that the war had ended.

 I didn't realize that I could actually feel closure, but I do. Many wars have long ended but troops are not yet deployed. They are still needed for security. I have had so many people ask me why I kept the port in so long. I never really had an answer except that it was an easier way to get blood work. I think part of me wanted it there for security,( just in case).  Just in case what? Just in case, the cancer comes back. No, I  didn't verbalize that but now I understand it. God said enough. My security is in Him, He is my shield and protector (2 Samuel 22:31). I trust Him. 

Yesterday I woke up and felt a little strange, like I was in a place I didn't know. This whole cancer experience became what I knew but the season has changed. A new season is "unknown" my friend shared. I am good with that. To fight the good fight of faith we must always be open to the new road ahead. 

We had a great weekend filled with birthday parties and fun and I did get some good rest. I saw my oncologist on Monday as well as my surgeon and left the hospital with good reports and FREEDOM. 
The Lord has set me free, I am free indeed. 

Whatever battle you are currently in or just coming out of, I pray that you are walking in the freedom God has given you. If you are not there yet, hold on, stay in your camp, deliverance is coming!!! Loving my week so far...for the moment, enjoying a hot cup of blueberry green tea and resting until carpool! I feel like I have already put in a full day...up at 4:00am, walked at 5:30, to the grocery store and back by 8:45 and bible study at 9:30 so I may even catch a short nap (or not)! Have a wonderful day!!! "You will seek the Lord you God and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29 

Secure Blessings, Suzanne 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture