31 Days of Pink: It's About the Growth

"To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace."
Romans 8:6


Getting Herceptin treatment, 2010

Hey there, I hope you are having a great Sunday! I finally had an activity-free Saturday and am so glad to report that I did not pull my car out of the garage all day!I did some way overdo housework, rested a little and enjoyed not having a schedule!  We all did actually. It was nice to have our little family of four all together, all day, doing our own thing and coming together for dinner (well, kinda we all ate the same thing). Jeff brought back some red fish from a Louisiana fishing trip and it was
delicious!  And today, we went to church and did eat lunch together (smile), took a walk and enjoyed another day at home. Sometimes we  just need that! I read back through some more caringbridge journals and decided on this one to share today, mainly because I needed to hear it again! Day 25 of 31 Days of Pink...there's so much to share about what God did in this experience and continues to do!

Caring Bridge Journal
March 15, 2010

"My own peace I give to you." John 14:27

"
It is not about the loss, it is about the growth." That is what I heard in the shower this morning. I have shared with you before that some of my best worship time is in the shower. I crank the music up loud and sing my heart out to God. Not so sure how much my family appreciates that but I get so little time to myself, this is what shifts my thoughts from self to Saviour. The song that got me this morning was "I wanna leave a legacy".  And basically the lyrics were about what mattered and what didn't matter, leaving a lasting legacy. We all want that, we want to be remembered. But remembered for what?

You know how songs spark a memory, uh oh, that can be good and that can be bad..ha! College, need I say more.Really though, I happened to be listening to the same CD my dear friend Pamela gave me the weekend of the Women's Retreat last year. That was at the beginning of this journey (or adventure). I misplaced it and asked to make me a new one. She handed it to me yesterday and as I listened to each worship song, I was reminded of the path I have just traveled. This very song had a whole different meaning last year as I walked THROUGH the valley of the SHADOW of death.

My arms were so weak and the strength I had was used to hold those precious drains. I could not even wash my own hair and had to sit down in the shower from exhaustion. Yet, the worship songs lifted my Spirit. Fast forward to now and I am a lunatic in the shower, I know God has to be chuckling at my "form of worship." I was washing my hair, and then I asked God "why is this such a big deal, it's hair, it's back, I am healthy, it's healthy, why did it hurt me so, that's silly?" That's when I heard "it is not about the loss, it is about the growth." The growth in my relationship with Him, the patience of the growth, the giving up temporarily for eternal purposes, the beauty of the growth, the healthy growth, the cut back and pruned for regrowth, all of these things and more describe what our Father does in our walk with Him.

He heals our most broken places, but not on our terms
  and not without a cost.

Profound. So I listened as the list grew about what this season was about and not about. I wanted to share these with you so you too, can evaluate your life, your situation and match it up with His.

"It's not about an escape, it's about Eternity. It's not about being done, it's about being Delivered. It's not about being perfect, it's about being on His Path. It's not about being secure, it's about being Set Apart. It's not about outward appearances, it's about Outreach. It's not about the pain, It's about the Purpose. It's not about the fire, It's about your Faith. It's not about where you are going, it's about God's Glory."

Wow, all this is in a fifteen minute shower, never say you don't have time, He works wherever you are. Have a most blessed day! ""Perfect through suffering." Hebrews 2:10

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway