Go!!!



2 Corinthians 2:14 " Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place."

Urban Purpose Run: My First 5K
Saturday, September 27, 2014

We did it! Thanks for the push, Sandy!

 I cannot drink this water fast enough!

My Co-workers from TherapySouth..Sandy, Amanda,Scott, Steve, Abby (Steve's daughter)
We all need practice. I believe God always prepares us for what we need in the present as well as what is ahead. This is TherapySouth's second year to sponsor this race, which by the way, is a ministry that is very close to my heart. Urban Purpose was started by a friend, Jim McFarland, in our Sunday School class who felt called to go downtown Birmingham and serve the homeless. I remember when he and his wife, Karen started taking snacks, drinks, blankets and clothes to people on Sunday afternoons. My children still have a memory of  filling up some ziplock baggies full of snacks to donate when they were first getting started, so sweet. Now Urban Purpose provides a meal for about 100-150 people every single Sunday with the help of volunteers! I was able to go one Sunday this year with our class and what a blessing it was for me to pray with one of the ladies eating lunch that day!

So, as I ran (and tried to breathe..yikes) and talked with Sandy, was also thinking about two things... one)the men and women that God is changing through the help of Urban Purpose Ministry and  two) Laura, Crandell Brown, that is, the Head over Teal Run was at the same time for Ovarian Cancer. I have said many times on the blog what an inspiration she was to me during chemo and for some reason when I was running, I felt like she was cheering me on to finish. She finished her race on earth but she is running free in Heaven!!! And they had the best turnout ever...many were "thinking of Laura."

So, it was a good day, Saturday, and I came home and took a hot bath and a nap,with the house all to myself. A well needed break. And Sunday, I could barely walk, in my heels at church, but it was worth it! I am ready for the big race.......

practice doesn't make perfect, it just makes you prepared! 


Thank you, Lord that you give me a heart that desires to be prepared.  1 Peter 3:15 says "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."  Help us to run to your word faster than we run to the world. Amen

Moore News: Congratulations Panthers..2-0, Way to go, guys!!!!!


Luke and Nick -Fifth year of flag football together


On your Mark, Get Set and Go!
Off to another month!
Blessings, 
Suzanne

"Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture