One Of God's Greatest Gifts



"For God has not given us a spirit of fear,
 but of power
and of love
and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7

To be a mother, "Mommy", to Abby and Luke is one of God's greatest gifts in my life. To have your life so closely connected with growing, thriving children is a treasure. 

The funny thing is, I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought of was, Okay it's Sunday, (yehh), and tomorrow is Monday and it's the final countdown until school is out...the last full week. And let me add, I proceeded to sing in my mind "It's the final countdown" dunonu dunonunu...smile, yea, the 1986 song by the Swedish band Europe (looked artist up on google). Which is an improvement over last month when I woke up to  "Life in the fast lane, surely make you lose yo mind" by the Eagles, on my brain!!! This is what I mean by closely connected, my day is usually beginning with thoughts involving my children's day. And apparently, for my own entertainment, I have added songs..haha.

The most important part of my day is after the silly songs, the coffee..(just kidding) straight to the Word of God, for my morning instruction. I cannot be the kind of Mother that I need and want to be without having some time with my heavenly Father each morning before the kiddos wake up. Just cannot do it! And believe me, I still fail, yell and stumble but I know that He is there to help me through and begin again!!!

This year I began Streams in the Desert 2 by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman. I have shared my love for reading the first one and to find this one back in 2012 was something only I would consider a gift from God. I was a little hesitant, as it's more of a literary devotional and the desert didn't sound too inviting. I wanted 2013 to be the green pastures and sunshine year, not more sweat and tears, do you follow me? 

As I settled into the book, I have realized 
the desert has served me well this season.

I've learned meaningful lessons and gained instruction on moving forward from  the desert into the green pastures. I have been able to love on and guide Abby and Luke in a whole different way. Maybe it's that they are older, maybe it's that they are able to understand more, or maybe it's that we are learning and memorizing more of God's word together and applying it to some tricky situations in school??I believe that's it. No, I know that's it.

And like any good Mom, there is reward in a sweet kinda way (skittles) when we learn the scripture...smile!!! My reward is that I learn the verses too and I pray that years down the road they will teach the same ones to their children. 

So, Happy Mother's Day, especially to my Mom and to my Mother-in-law, who I love very much and consider great gifts! I do not take it lightly that God has blessed me with the honor to be a Mommy to Abby and Luke, for they are His first! Jeff and I are touched by something they say or do every day, what a blessing! 

I close with the verse we memorize from Galatians 5:25 "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit". 

As I just typed that by memory, I can hear each of my children's voices saying this, what could be a better Mother's day gift??? (maybe them getting up on their own for church this morning...haha...)

Have a most wonderful day!!
 Blessings, 
Suzanne

MOORE NEWS: I realize I have a lot of catching up to do on the Fam! Here's a few pictures...

Love your new look, Luke, the braces and the hair!
I love hearing the songs you write and the seeing the videos of you produce!!
Congrats on doing so well, Abby, on your  first Winter Association Tournaments
I love seeing you so happy on a horse!!

Comments

  1. You write so amazingly well. I loved reading this. Thank you for putting so much God in your life, well allowing God to move so much in your lives and be a part of you. Thank you for putting Him first and teaching your children to do the same :) Love You! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Candace! I am excited to read your blog...now that I found out about it...yehhhh!!I love being a part of the family! And to share our faith is amazing, Glory always to our Great God! Hope to see you soon!Love you,Blessings, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture