Room


" And she brought forth her firstborn son,
 and wrapped him in swaddling clothes,
and laid him in a manger;
 because there was no room for them in the inn."
Luke 2:7


 As I was trying to think of an "R" word from scripture to go with this series, room continued to come to mind. The first song we sang today in church was "Joy to the World" and for the first time ever, this chrismas hymn pierced my heart.  How many times have I sang this one? Hundreds.

Joy to the World , the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

What was it today that was different? "Let every heart prepare Him room"....felt like a prayer or a plea, Lord, let them see, those that don't know you to accept you as their Savior or those that need to make room for you in their heart and Lord over every part of their life. So, the second time I sang it, "Let earth receive her King" again, Lord, please let them receive you, you are the King, Joy to the world, you are here, right here, right now in our hearts, let us live as we are alive, joy to this world. Heaven and nature, heaven and earth.

 Now that I have the song all mixed up...please don't sing my remix (ha)...point is.. God reminded me of the Joy of Christ...this song could be sung anytime and be applicable.And to remember the story, so I read it before I wrote this, Luke 2:1-21, the Birth of Jesus Christ. I pray that the Lord gives you such priceless gifts as what He did for me today. And that you open it. And that you receive it. Thank you for growth, Lord.

"Glory to God in the Highest"
Luke 2:14

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway