Rock

"Oh, come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation."
Psalm 95:1

 
Hey friends! Did you know it's twenty days til Christmas??? Wow, that seems so close. Very close considering I have not bought the first present. I love reading all these wonderful blogs about organization and being prepared and  all these great decorating ideas, etc. And then there is ....life. Real life. Work. Homework. Housework. Activities. 

Just tonight I took Abby and her two friends to the church Christmas party and Luke was not feeling up to it. On our way home, I asked if he wanted to drive by and see a few Christmas lights in the neighborhood across the street. "Sure." Then he quickly said "why havent we put ANYTHING outside this year? And began to share some of his ideas on how we could decorate the house (the we being Jeff).  As we drove around, there was excitement at first. All of a sudden he says " This is just making me want to decorate our house more, " in a voice of sadness. My response " Well, that takes all the joy out of this moment if you are thinking about what we don't have." Hmmm, didn't exactly make a lightbulb go off for him but it did for me.

Instead of thinking about all I haven't done, enjoy and be thankful for what I do have. That our trees are up and ready for the wrapped gifts that will get there soon. That we are are blessed to be able to buy gifts. That we can BE a light to others because the light of Christ is in us! And as I think of it that way...I change my tune to "hey, we have twenty more days til Christmas!" I am looking forward to what all I GET to do in the days ahead for Christmas (and I am sure I will be sharing with you)!!

 I must say, I have had a great day, feeling good, and I do believe it's partly because I had Pandora cranked up as I got ready this morning flowing with worship music... and yes my singing that only the dogs and the Lord heard, but it was joyful and it was to my Rock. He is the Rock of our salvation.

In closing, Little Luke did get something out of this...he came straight in the garage, found him some christmas lights and put a keep out sign on his door. After ten minutes he invited me to view the most glorious "string" of christmas light cheer in his bedroom yet!!! That's my boy!

"Who established the mountains by His strength; Being clothed with power."
                                                                        Psalm 65:6
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence