Renew

"but they who wait for the LORD shall renew  their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles:
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31


Hey friends,
I wanted to post something that I wrote back in 2009, as clearly I was at a breaking point in the cancer process. Though  I have mainly posted on my busy week and christmas and life, it's been quite a week in my "world" or ministry of cancer. Recurrences, not so good reports and homegoings. It is the reality, the wave of ups and downs and as I pray, as our support group prays, I wanted to also just ask you to take a moment and pray for the many, many fighting cancer. Oh, and their families and friends, as it effects everyone. Thanks a million.


Caringbridge Journal                  Written May 1, 2009       By:Suzanne Moore during her Cancer Treatment
"Teach me your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth, give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." Psalm 86:11
"That has been the cry of my heart this week...give me an undivided heart, Lord. This is all so new to me and it seems to be getting harder as I weave these relentless treatments into my life as I knew it. I think I am starting to come around today, finally. I know this must be normal for those who have been thrown into a situation that effects EVERY single part of your body. I could see where, if you had no anchor, the ship would certainly sink, every day a new hole to fill, a new wave, stillness, the sunshine, the rain, dark and light. All the emotions and physical elements hitting you at once, with only a little time to catch a breath before your hit again. Yet my anchor HOLDS.  This is temporary and I will keep sailing, asking the Lord to teach me His way. Not my way, His way. "Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word." Psalm 119:37. I am holding on to what I know is the truth, that my Lord will never leave me nor forsake me. Thus, I am empowered to rise up out of the pit and begin again. To receive the help that's offered and continue to see God send what I need each and every day. Jesus says "I am". And He is. So today, I thank you for your steadfast prayers, I know they are holding me and I know God is using you to help me keep standing, keep smiling, keep laughing ( you know I LOVE to laugh), keep telling my story, keep being reminded and surrounded by the grace of God."

RENEW THEIR STRENGTH

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture