Equipped

"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate,
equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17


Dear friends,  
It has been four, yes four months, since I have written a letter on Blessings, Suzanne so how shall I begin to recap all the "happenings". Some pen pal, huh? No news is good news? Absence makes the heart grow fonder?Writer's block? Maybe a combination of all the above, but no one thing in particular. Just a good old fashioned break, I guess, a calculated one to say the least...I missed it terribly. Yet, I was in a "place" with the Lord that this was the only way. He does that, you know...He asks us to lay something down that is very important so we will have our full attention on HIM. The sacrifice is always worth the price. And the price is always high. So, in obedience, I literally went day by day, and as any child (we are all His children) would, I ask "are we there yet?" Smile. Oh, to be with Him this way is like nothing I have known, yet in my .....wait a minute,                                  
                                 
                                                        FORTY YEARS OF LIFE...
                                            YES TODAY I AM FORTY!!                                      
 
This season was a time to become equipped...for what you say...every good work...just as 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says. How beautiful. Now along the way, I was not simply whistling Dixie every day (do I do that anyway? sounds cute though), there were some hard days of stillness and weapons of warfare for sure, but the WORD, the SCRIPTURE, THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH was and is and will be my guide!  I had learned to rely on God in crisis, seems that I even learned to make everything a crisis in my mind that is, and in this time, God sweetly but swiftly in His Power cut that off!! Gone.How? Through teaching,reproof, correction (ouch) and training...and how do we train..practice! Lots of situations for practice=lots of uncomfortable situations, changes, choices!!! End results "that the man of God, in my case, woman of God be adequate or competent, equipped for every good work." Also, during this time, I feel like I have finally been able to step back into all the roles as wife, mother, friend, family member, employee, etc and really be a part of my own life! Since January of 2009, life just hasn't been the same, I am definitely not the same physically, spiritually or emotionally. I was not just healed of cancer but made WHOLE in every area!

                                   Never thought I say this but it's a good thing!  
                                                             And yes it's a God thing!

I am inspired by peoples stories just as I am sure you are. It moves me in the direction.. to do that next thing God gives me, and give my best to make life BETTER, not only for me but for those I love and those who God places in my path. A gift God has given me in this four months is reminding me of the things I love and encouraging me to actually do them! Putting myself back into the picture as well, the role of being ME. Here's a few on my list:
  • spending hours in a chair with a cup of coffee reading and writing
  • looking through magazines to gain inspiration for ideas for our home
  •  listening to music, singing (ask my kids, it's at home only and a constant..haha)
  •  organizing my house, finding things that work to make this season more functional :)
  • Oh and looking at blogs has become a new fav and very helpful to find recipes, inexpensive decorating ideas, coupon deals, beautiful pictures ( I am so visual) ,fun ideas for the kids and also ways I can make this blog BETTER.
  •  Thank you, Lord, I say to you...
                                        
                                            In everything I do You are my inspiration!
                                        I will never forget, "All scripture is inspired by God."!
                                                           

"All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be
competent,
equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV version)

Here's to the next forty years and hey to the next forty posts..!!! What about you? What inspires you, what can you lay down today so you will have the time to read scripture and be inspired by God??

With God, we are EQUIPPED!

Blessings,
Suzanne

MOORE NEWS: The picture of Abby and I was taken in Tuscaloosa in September before The Fray and Kelly Clarkson Concert, her first concert. She just turned thirteen in October, so proud of my young lady!. More updates soon. Luke and his team, the Falcons, finished second place in the playoffs...Jeff was assistant coach, way to go guys from your biggest fan!! 

Comments

  1. Well, first of all, Happy Birthday, and second of all, Happy 40 years! You are such a blessing all the way around!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture