Enter

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise, Be thankful to Him and bless His name." Psalm 100:4

Good evening! Starting today, I am hoping to write forty posts until the new year, forty posts in forty days!! Kind of a drum roll into 2013...to get me back in the habit of sharing my thoughts through writing daily! As I enter on this journey, I begin with thanks. How appropriate. Speaking of entering, let me share a bit tonight about my new favorite space in my home. The foyer. The entry way. The tiniest room in my house. The only somewhat straightened and clean place within the home..smile.  It's a small space and when guests are invited in, it's a close encounter for sure! However, within that square space there are four doors...the front, one to the hallway of bedrooms, one to the playroom (once a formal living room, but we are way too functional in this season for that), one to the kitchen, den,etc. Now, let me share about the space within me that is the most precious, my heart, where my Savior dwells. One the same day, the Lord gave me both  "Enter into His courts with thanksgiving" and

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul
and with all your mind
and with all your strength."
Mark 12:30

Right after I typed the verse out I saw the parallel between the doors of my foyer and the doors of our heart...each door represents how to Love the Lord your God, my God. Love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.  Though it is the smallest room in the house, it is the portal to all other rooms. As is our heart. Below is a picture..Enter..welcome to my home..right through the front door. Now one door I forgot to mention is the hall closet. Uh-oh. Yep, if this foyer represents my heart, this is accurate..don't we all have

a closet that we try to keep nice and neat  but behind the closed door... Let me just say I won't be exposing mine in this post. It's a mess. So for now that door is a "I will get to it later." In time, it too will be cleaned out and useful again. To the right of the front door is the loooong hall of bedrooms. Below is the playroom doors and do you notice the sign hanging on the wall. It's a "missing elf" poster (one of ten..haha) from my little sweeties, just adds charm.   And to the left is our kitchen...as they say..it is definitely
the heart of the home, and where I spend the majority of my time! I have another motive in  pictures in my "forty in forty".. for inspiration to do some projects in the new year! I feel like I HAVE BEEN THE PROJECT FOR TOO LONG! This makes me laugh! God has remade me for sure, total renovation!!So in our home...it is time for some reno... some lighter paint colors.. yea, the gold and green have been great but what I am aiming for is CHANGE. All the while, I praise the Lord that I can and am honored
to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength!!

I cannot wait to write again tomorrow! We are hosting Thanksgiving lunch here........
I am thankful to Him..I bless His name!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Suzanne

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord
                           Joshua 24:15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway