Endures

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"
 Psalm 118:1

In giving thanks to God today, I would like to  dedicate this post to my friend, Lottie, who went home to be with the Lord last Thursday. Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday, right? Well, over the past year I have been praying for Lottie and her family on Thursdays. So Thursday has been more than another Thursday to me...it's been a day that I spent more time in prayer, more time in the word, more time seeking God's anwer to a pray for healing of friend that He brought into my life because I had cancer. Lottie had lung cancer and was the strongest woman I know, that I only knew really more by the Spirit than our relationship. We shared some really neat "divine moments" and I thought I would share those tonight...

1. When I led the "Confronting Cancer with Faith" bible study at church, I brought the biggest, beautiful bouquet of sunflowers to use for the centerpiece. Since Lottie was the assistant to our pastor, she could not attend the study but I somehow wanted to include her. That was my prayer to God anyway. As I was gathering my things, bouquet included, I knew exactly what to do. I marched right downstairs and took them to Lottie. She was thrilled and then with a big smile she said "I have a surprise for you too, come this way". We head to the ladies room? She pulls off her wig and there was the little peach fuzz hair that I remember being so excited about ! I think I was as excited for her as I was with mine. Precious moment.

2. Facebook was a place I would usually message Lottie on some Thursdays just as a reminder that it was her day. One day her reply was something like "I feel like I could turn cartwheels today because when I woke up I knew it was Thursday and you were praying." She kept working and going like nothing I have ever seen, while enduring the treatments, all with grace and her eyes on Jesus.

3. About two months ago, I felt like I really wanted to see her. I prayed asking the Lord to let me see her and even facebooked her and asked if I could come by soon. Her response " Of course". She was still resting up from her son's wedding so we planned for the next week. Well, I went to my six month checkup at the cancer center, finished up, ready to check out and guess who I see standing at the desk...sweet Lottie and her husband Mark (he's sweet too:)) We immediately hugged and I said.."He answered my prayer." She commented on my necklace that had one word on it "brave." And then she showed me her necklace "as long as I breathe I have hope". Of course, that moment will last me a lifetime, that was her...so much hope in the Lord, for Him and His way. What a testimony of faith. And That was the last time  I saw Lottie, yet I will see her again one day in Heaven.

4. Last Thursday I woke up wanting to take Lottie a sunflower. Full Circle moment I see now. At lunchtime, I got the call and I felt numb and peaceful at the same time. Now all I could think iss Thursday will forever be my dedicated day of prayer, thank you Lottie. You have given me a "Sonflower."

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"
 Psalm 118:1

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving, giving God all the Glory for His blessings of family and friends!

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture