Waver Not

Yes It's my Birthday!!!!
"Let us hold fast this confession of our hope without wavering for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

I dedicate this very late birthday post to my sweet Luke Jeffrey, who turned nine years old on May 19th! You are such a light in my life, Luke, and it was a privelege to get to plan and even attend your birthday blast, allowing me special priveleges to be at a "Boys only" event and all! I know, I insisted...ha..but  you did need another driver, right?? We had so much fun! The playroom looked great with the orange and blue balloons, even Daddy helped hang them and you know he likes crimson and white! This year the theme was Hot wheel cars and the decorations on the wall and table turned out really cool, didn't they? We do love streamers in this house! This was your first sleepover and you did such a great job setting up your magic show for your friends as the night time entertainment, followed by playing skylanders, hide and go seek until really late and just lots of loudness and running like you boys do! I enjoyed making my first cookie cake ever, only for you, baking is not usually one of my talents! And I have to say one of my favorite parts of the day was driving you and your friends to the skating rink. Well, let me rephrase that, the funniest parts of the day. That was alot to hear for this girly girl, even if she is your Mom...big smile!Boys can say yucky stuff and be gross but I laughed the whole way!Then for the big skating rink P-A-R-T-Y...you, Joey, Josh, Alex, Henry, Emory, and Thomas rocked it and Nick was on the sidelines (at the games;). We just had one mishap, poor Thomas fell and broke his elbow, how brave was he though? Sorry for that memory, Thomas. He is completely healed now because you went to his party yesterday!Anyway, ya'll skated several hours to some groovin' music and then we went and got pizza for dinner!!
Emory,Joey,Luke,Alex, Josh, not pictured:Nick,Thomas, Henry
I am so proud of the gentleman that you are, Luke. You are such a good friend to so many people and you always think of others. It is my prayer that you waver not for the hope you have, for we know that our God is faithful, don't we? He is always there for us, guiding us and teaching us His ways, which most of the time is not like the world's way. Even though I am about a month late writing this letter to you, I want you to know that you are in my heart, in my prayers many parts of my day. This morning, as I sat out on the patio and you showed me your newest trick...catching nineteen pennies from your elbow...uh huh..cool...I was thanking our God for you, little light of mine! Happy ninth year...may it be the best one yet...God has a grand plan for you life!

"Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God." Mark 10:14
Blessings,
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence