Walking

"Walking in the midst of the fire." Daniel 3:25 Hey my friends! I hope this letter comes to you at just the right time! Be warned you just might need to take a walk after you read..grab your tennis shoes or throw off those uncomfortable shoes and walk barefoot (my personal favorite...here goes... I am one who needs to walk daily, doesn't always happen, but oh what a difference in my overall attitude when it does! I feel sure one of my coined phrases when I am eighty years old will probably still be "I am going walking, not because I want to, but because I need to". My kids can finish that sentence. In our ten years in this neighborhood, I have a two mile loop that is my normal go to route. I have walked it with a stroller and babies, pregnant with Luke and pushing Abby in the stroller (crazy), then toddlers, nature walks as preschoolers to find leaves, rocks and acorns(aka-let's get out of this house!!!), with bicycle or skateboard school-age companions and now preteen (oh I can't believe it, move on), with dogs, with different friends in each season (how wonderful to reflect on), with my husband (rarely, he's a runner, but that makes me feel special).I have walked in shorts and sweatshirts, with hair and without hair, new tennis shoes and old tennis shoes, crying and laughing, you name it, I have done it ,felt it, said it on this well paved, circle of a road, in my suburban neighborhood. I have been walking with people many days and many days I have been alone. Well, never alone. Always, walking and talking to God. Well, yesterday, while Abby was at her horseback lesson I took a walk (these days I work in my to do list wherever I may be) down a dirt road. Here's a picture...
Abby was so funny in the car, on the way, as we were reviewing our week's agenda and I told her I would walk while she was riding. She looked and me and said "please for both of us". ha...I busted out laughing "am I that bad" "oh no, you can just get your stress out walking and I will get mine out riding"...isn't that cute? As soon as I snapped the picture of the road, my whole being became more peaceful. It was a beautiful day and quite warm yet the trees provided shade and a little breeze that just felt heavenly. All day I had tried to be in the present moment, though constant thinking was required with each moment. Walking in the midst of the the fire. No flaming fire, just the little ones like the morning routine, fighting the stomach bug (Jeff and Luke have had it, Abby and I clear, praise the Lord), adding one more thing on my to do list,crossing something off and adding three more, errands, oh and dinner,a full day's work...aka...this season of life! For about twenty minutes, I just quieted my mind, asked the Lord for His help in doing so:)I noticed the rocks on the dirt road as I walked saying to myself "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28 This was the verse I memorized on Saturday. And now it was etched on my heart and was guiding me on a new road.One where I could see new could just walk and trust and pray and believe and know....these ARE the days, I am here to live and move and have my being. Today is a gift. May I choose to view it as so. May I walk with my eyes upon the One who has graciously given it to me to be who what He has called me to IN THE PRESENT moment. Days slip away fast and I don't want to miss a thing to bring Glory to the name of King Jesus. Happy month of May! MOORE NEWS: Little update our family...Luke finished a great season of playing a new sport, Lacrosse! Abby started tennis lessons and is still loving horseback riding lessons. We are all ready for school to come to a close. I went on a field trip with Luke yesterday (rode the bus and all;) and will be working at Abby's field day tomorrow! Abby and I will be going on a Mission trip in July to Seeker Springs, Louisianna so join us in prayer over that. Jeff is working very hard on creating a beautiful backyard for us all to enjoy. God is among us!!!!! Moving in May (for sure)!! "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2 Blessings, Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture