Out

"Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3
I hope that this illustrated reminder by Miss Abby Moore hugs your heart as it did mine! She shared it with me on the way home from school last week and came home and wrote it down to put on the blog. Her friend, Alice shared it with her that day. How refreshing, how encouraging, when there's truly so much thrown at us in any given day! Just had to pass it on, you do the same!

Speaking of pass it on..here's a little insight on the verse for today from me to you..smile. As I prayed about what to write in this "letter" I did what I don't normally do, before writing a post, (a sure sign of this season I am in). I just opened that bible and began to say "Okayyy, show me,(flip, flip) not feeling that one,(flip, flip) what does that mean,(flip, flip) no not that one,ah-ha.. then I ended up in Hosea 6:3. And it was a confirmation verse for me personally which I do believe can apply to any and all you, my sweet friends!January,February and March were push through months for me and all along I kept looking to April to be that magical month where the Lord would give me a break so to speak. April showers, showers of blessing. I mean I just felt like I had really dug in and sought Him with all my heart, pulled up some weeds in my heart, planted some seeds of His word and now I was ready to sit down a minute and and wait for the garden to harvest...ha ha.Can you agree, have you ever felt that way? A hard season of plowing and breaking ground, changing seasons, seeking to really know the heart of God rather than my own heart. The price is high the reward is priceless. I speak of this as if I am a gardner, I am not a gardner. One day maybe. I am only guided by the gardner of the vine who connects my branch (John 15:5). Anyway, without going into any great detail, I have had major April showers and they have come out, OUT, OUT of my eyes. So my heart garden's definitely watered. Yet, before my phone starts ringing and you think I am down and out, hear this, I am cleansed, it has been the most freeing thing ever. I never realized how much "stuff" I keep inside that at some point has got to come out. Sometimes I think that it was the process of having cancer that brought me to a place of freedom to be myself. And at this point in the game I am finally getting used to the new me. It's a process, as is life. Showers or blue skies, life happens and what who we go through it with truly is ourselves and God. As for the tears, they are like a cloud, before it rains,it turns dark, it gets huge, it can't hold the rain any longer and it falls on the earth. They have a poweful purpose. Thus, has been a few of my April hours, I praise God that I am learning to let it out. I have laughed alot more too, because I suppose there's lots more room in there! Blue skies comes after dark clouds right? Oh to know that we have God who loves us, like sweet Abby reminded us, He loves me and He loves you, no matter what you are facing, holding in or onto, get it out, to Him...He understands..."He will come to us as the showers."

"Pray then like this: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name."Matthew 6:11

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

  1. Suzanne, you are SO right. Love this sweet post. I heard once that tears not only relieve us emotionally, but physically as well. They carry harmful stress chemicals out of our bodies as we cry them. God is so amazing how he designs things - one hand washing another, one blessing blessing many. Just like your personal word blesses all of us.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture