Overcome

"For everyone who has been born of God oversomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith." 1 John 5:4

"See you back in six months" my oncologist says cheerfully "it will be fall then". When the door closed those words rung in my ears. Six months. Alot can happen in six months. In fact, that was the exact time period of having a clear mammogram, a seemingly healthy thirty-five year old body to finding a lump in my breast, which turned out to be an aggessive, active cancer...just a few months after my thirty-sixth birthday. But this time, three years down the road, for some reason, I liked having a six month boundary or maybe even a goal for my life. I never want to forget how quickly life can change. This was my news for the day, it was just me, I was the one to hear and process and now it is up to me just what I will do with it!! As I was changing out of that beautiful gown and into my work clothes, I asked myself "What is it that I want to accomplish in the next six months?" Now, I also said this "Lord, you know I was praying she would put me on yearly visits, but you know best"..ha! I was just told my bloodwork was perfect and everything looked good. And what I have to add to that is, the inside, the soul part of my heart now feels as if it matches the healing on the outside. Though we can never be perfect, my prayer is that my Great Physician looks at it and says it looks godly.Good is good, godly is godly.Overcome. Now onto that six months...

I dedicate this post today to my friend, Lottie, who is a mighty warrior in Christ, fighting the good fight in faith, walking through the valley of cancer, and always with a beautiful smile and heart full of hope...standing with you my sweet sister and praying as I do throughout every Thursday (you know it's more than just Thursday, but very conciously and consistently...smile). I ask you friends and readers to pray today as well, for complete and total healing for Lottie's body, oh yes, we ask boldly and yes we ask for supernatural strength for her and her family. In Jesus precious name. Amen.

"For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness." Psalm 26:3

I march on...march with me....

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

  1. Hi Suzanne. Wow. This is a good reminder, and I am so glad to hear you have a good report. I'm going to follow to keep up with how God uses this experience in your life. We know he has a plan...
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture