Order

"For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.As in all congregations of the saints" 1 Corinthians 14:33 (NIV)
"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints." 1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)


Good morning!I thought I would share a little about this journey I have been on lately concerning order. Maybe it's that spring is in my spirit and I am craving some spring cleaning time! Myy normal call to "Get your house in order" has been anything but orderly! You know how usually you have to make more of a mess, get everything out, decide what you want to keep, throw out, donate, then clean, then put back together (tired yet?)? Well, I am following this principle, but it is an internal "Get your house in order" year! Believe me, I would take the cleaning, organizing, messiness in a heartbeat...I actually enjoy it most of the time. God is doing a new work, calling in some order to how living life in truth really looks! In the process, there's plain ole hard work, facing fears, evaluating what's working and what's not, accepting what you can't change and consistently going to the Father for the next step, the next move, the next breath. In the process, there is also times of great revelation and fitting together of pieces "around the house" that make sense now. In the process, there is freedom.
And that sweet Lord of ours, He always blesses us in our obedience...what you say...does this picture of laundry room (or corner in my garage) have to do with all this...well, Order. I used about thirty minutes to organize this space. I had all the baskets and laundry sorter and Jeff had built me these wonderful shelves and folding table. It just wasnt in order. So I gathered up my baskets and used them for birthday bags, bows/ribbons, christmas items and guess what? I left one empty...oh the possibilities! I cleaned off the table so I could actually use the space. I spend quite a bit of time in that little nook, that sounds better than in the corner, doesn't it...so in that tiny space I achieved order. Thus, in my heart, little by little, I am achieving the same thing!Thank you God for guiding me on your path of righteousness for your sake. To you I give the glory! Be blessed today, may you find order in the simple things, may your heart be open to order.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

  1. I am feeling some Spring cleaning urges coming my way as well! I love your little laundry nook...you did a great job! It looks so orderly and neat! Awesome job...and doesn't it feel great when you organize and purge and you have empty baskets? I love that! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Angie! I have managed to keep that little space (and that one only :)) in order! Still have an empty basket...thinking on that one..I am very practical by nature..ha! Love your blog! Blessings, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture