Obtain

"Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance." Proverbs 1:5

Well, hello...a little less than twenty-four hours ago I was still overlooking the bay and the beach in Pensacola...yes,my backyard is beautiful for spring, but I am having a hard time adjusting back to life here in the burbs!! Just kidding. Home sweet home. What a great time..we went with another family so everyone had a friend, and we managed to really put the "break" in Spring Break! I did enjoy the slower pace, good food, naps, read a whole book (Pioneer Woman by Ree Drummond, loved it), no schedule or homework or activities except deciding whether to go to the beach or the bay. The weather was cool the first part of the week, but Saturday felt like summer!The kids fished, crabbed, rode their bikes, kayaked,and swam in that really chilly water like it was a hot tub (burrr), and for the most part, got along...yeh now that's broadcast news, that's a break for sure!You see, in this season of life, we seem to have alot of opinions amongst siblings in our house. Oh yes, and it begins as soon as the afternoon starts, though they play well at many times, being three and half years apart, they always have, this year has taken a slightly different turn. And this Mama is on her knees! When they were little, I read everything I could on their development and what to do for this and that, now there's barely time to grab a snack and go to horseback or lacrosse or tennis (Abby begins today). So yes, though the arguments are annoying at times, I try to use that time to teach them something. Guess that's what's exhausting?? They are having to learn now that life is full of ups and downs. Our response or reaction is the foundation of the solution. And I surely miss the mark many times over, yet I am also learning to recognize when I responded in a way that I would like them to mirror. As a mother, my goal is that they obtain the prize. The true prize, not the things, or the fame, but the prize...a heart devoted to Jesus Christ. I couldn't help but think about that as Jeff and I sat on the beach, reading our books (and watching them close, the water was quite rough) and just enjoying the simple things in life. A beautiful reminder of how quickly life changes, each year we grow, our children grow, every season is a time to learn. So with a more clear mind, a beach mind, I have set upon the path of doing the best I can and being the best I can, who I am, is what I have to offer, no more, no less, me. How freeing is that? I can do this..smile. I am more motivated to get organized, take care of myself via exercise and good eating and picking my battles! Oh, and can I just say that Jeff and I are the luckiest parents in the world to be blessed with these two gifts..
here they are at Botanical Gardens the Friday before we left for our trip (after an hour at the zoo:))..happy To obtain is "to hold onto"..may we obtain the guidance from you in whatever area we need you in today, Lord, in our marriage, in parenting, in our job,in our health, in our finances, etc. Amen

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it." 1 Corinthians 9:24


March on.

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

  1. Thanks for the encouragment! It's amazing to look back and see God's great faithfulness, I know he wants us to remember! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip and can se His faithfulness, may you remember this time of "Challenges" as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture