Promises

"Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses." 1 Kings 8:56
Good early Monday morning to you!I won't even tell you how long I have been up(ha)but I will tell you one of the reasons...excitement. The kind of excitement I usually experience when going on a trip the next day. And most likely there's a little anxiousness wrapped with that excitment because I am afraid I will oversleep and miss a flight or forget to pack something. Well, this excitement is an overflow of joy from a meeting I attended yesterday afternoon at church. Okay, I won't drag it out any longer...I am excited to be one of the speakers at our church's (Shades Mtn Baptist) Women's Retreat at Lake Guntersville, February 3-4. Not only is this a great honor, it is a FULL CIRCLE moment of one (of the many)of God's promises in my life. Many of you reading will remember that I attended this annual women's retreat three years ago, the weekend before my double mascetomy surgery, on the following Monday morning. I journaled about it on www.caringbridge.org ( type suzannemoore in the visit box) which is still available online to read. The Lord moved in a mighty way that weekend and had me to briefly speak at the end of retreat. Only to tell the ladies what I was about to go through and then I was prayed for by this fabulous group of ladies, what a blessing. Let me give you a better picture...One hundred and thirty ladies in room, sitting at tables, laughing, crying, fellowshipping, worshipping, praising, eating, taking in the stories of the speakers, who were so transparently, sharing their lives with us. I was sitting among them, on Saturday morning, enjoying it so much, and quite honestly, enjoying the focus being on other's stories for the first time in two weeks since all this cancer stuff had begun. I had been on adrenaline all week and now facing one of the biggest challenges of my life and my family's life. I had spent the night before, in the hotel room, thinking of my surgery, ironically up until that point, I was concerned with who would be doing carpool, or spending the night while I was in the hospital, making sure the house was in order, etc But I was about to have a part of me, a very personal part of me, taken away. And put back together. And for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how the doctors were going to do that.But the Lord comforted me and gave me that time to surrender it all to Him, there was no other option. He promised me this was part of His plan for my life and that every part of this would be used for His glory. It is and always has been about those promises. Back to retreat.So that Saturday morning, a little sleepy, in the quiet of my heart, I began to know that He was calling me to get up and tell the group. And don't think I didn't protest, (yes with the Almighty God who saved me time and time again!!) I thought maybe I was hearing things from lack of sleep!smiles..I did speak that day and in my heart, no matter how uncertain my future felt at that time, I knew I would be there speaking again. Let me clear up the fact that until that point (in 2009), I have not been a speaker, never aspired to be a speaker,I turn red, I get nervous,I don't like it;)And Now... bring it on, I will do anything, because HE DID EVERYTHING! The theme of our retreat is "The Times of Your Life". How appropriate.

Today focus on this promise..
"...And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Listen and be comfored by His promises. Await their arrival.
Blessings,
Suzanne
smoore.suz@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture