Press On

"Let us acknowledge the LORD; Let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear, he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3

Good afternoon! We, at the Moore household, have very much enjoyed our holiday break! I was able to weave my part-time work into the mix and Jeff took more time off than usual this year which worked out for all of us! We got to spend more time together and also with our extended family. The kids, well, they enjoyed every minute of it...and it all came to a halt this morning when I woke them up for a new "year." As of yesterday, we were still savoring every moment. The three of us headed to the Galleria on a mission to find Abby some new jeans. Let me rephrase that. It was my mission, theirs was to maybe, just maybe spend some of that christmas money...smile. Voila!At the first store,found the jeans (this is no easy feat, the girl hates to shop for clothes, know that will change soon)and then to a few shops, then to get a cookie...savoring...we really were just strolling, unrushed, unirritated, and enjoying the last day of the break. And I didn't mention that my car battery was dead when we all dressed and ready to go...thanks to our sweet neighbor, we were up and running in no time..off we went (thanks, Gene). I am telling you, we have actually maintained this simplicity and slower pace since christmas. The Lord is doing a major work within our family. As I read the verse from Hosea I feel a familiar sense of peace and calmness, an almost hushed whisper of remembrance. A remberance of seasons gone by and seasons to come when my heart can simply just "acknowledge the Lord." I acknowledge that He is the Lord of my life. I acknowledge that He is the One who has allowed me to learn priceless lessons from the mountains of victory and the valleys of the shadow of death. I acknowledge that I am a work in progress and that my help comes from Him. I acknowledge that my complete and total healing is a miracle and I will not ever take it lightly. I acknowledge the Lord in all his power. I acknowledge the Lord in all that this year has to offer and what I may offer to others through HIM. Surely it will be the best one yet! I don't want to miss a thing. So, I press on. I invite you to as well.

Another holiday picture....
Luke and Jeff at the third grade Christmas program! Luke's class wore Santa hats and Luke played the xylophone on stage, so cute!
*For some reason I cannot load any more pictures today, oh well..press on;)

"Into you hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth. " Psalm 31:5

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture