Patient

"Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand." James 5:7-8
Good morning!I hope that you are doing well..two cups of coffee and a little reading in James for me says on my end, I am well. I am glad you opened up the post regardless of it's title being "Patient." Any time I hear the word I think of my Aunt Joy saying "don't pray for patience, you will have tests!" I miss hearing her say that. Yet to be patient in this life we are living, is inevitable, it's our choice how we handle it. James gives an example I can picture. A farmer waiting on the rain, thus to water his "fruit" or crops. Does that farmer plant the seed and go sit inside and hope for the best? Or does he grab a chair beside the garden and watch to see what happens? Would he have planted the crop without the anticipation of rain, a necessary part of gardening. A big fat no, to all these questions. Farmers are up early working on many crops, their land, equipment, all kinds of tasks alongside waiting to see the fruit of their labor. All the while, protecting that precious seed, cultivating it,watering it, but also WAITING on the Lord.There is no water like His rain. The world cannot recreate His rain, His provision. Though on this earth, it works alongside us, God ultimately provides what is needed for the "fruit" in our lives. Just as the farmer, we must continue to be patient and wait, establish our hearts in Him. In the waiting, we choose to keep our eyes on Him, press on with the other roles and tasks he provides and anticipate the rain, it will come. We will be patient until the coming of the Lord. We anticipate His return as well, "for the coming of the Lord is at hand." (verse 8). May His rain wash over you today, and refresh your spirit with a new desire to wait and be patient for that dream or prayer request you have layed on the altar today. May His strength help you to do other tasks while you are waiting. May you also use some time today to pray for those you know who are going through a battle. Remember when you see the rain falling, who it is who waters that precious soul of yours. Have a beautiful day. I will enjoy the rain today!

I love hearing from you! Thanks to all who have emailed (smoore.suz@gmail.com)or sent a facebook message. I am returning "letters" these days. When I began on this journey, I was too sick to do so and the volume was huge (amazing. But now I have to practice what I preach, right? Gotta cultivate my crop, what a beautiful garden this blog God has provided for me to plant my thoughts from Him, the Great gardener!

"So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples," John 8:31

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture