Lifts his Voice

"Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;he lifts his voice, the earth melts. The LORD Almighty is with us: The God of Jacob if our fortress."
Psalm 46:6-7

This is all love right here! A flower for his Mommy pulled up by the root and delivered right to my car window!While we wait on Abby each day, he and a friend play in a creek by the school. This picture was taken shortly after I had posted on how you can't see roots, but just see the pretty trees. I couldn't help but giggle when he walked up with those flowers and the ROOTS. He brought them as his gift to me, he is very thoughtful that way. I told him I needed a picture because I had just written about roots! He was quick to pose and I love that smile of his anyway! I have to share this about my little guy...this morning he was telling me.."Guess what happened yesterday, Mommy? I needed the wind to blow for a game we were playing and I prayed and then...it blew..that's just how God works. Oh and we get to watch a movie at school tomorrow and eat popcorn." Talk about making my heart skip a beat. Simple truth through the voice of an eight year old. Ask and you shall receive. That's my Luke highlight for today, I love you, sweet boy and I so appreciate hearing you say to me this morning "Have a good day at work." And I did, it's been an amazing day!Blessings, Mommy

As for Psalm 46, the verse today seems a little harsh, huh? To me it says, when we are at the lowest, the greatest time of need, of help, of deliverance, of rescue.....HE LIFTS HIS VOICE. HE MAKES HIS JUDGEMENT. Not a minute before or a second after, in God's perfect timing. When the waters are raging, when it doesn't make sense, when you are just plain tired, He lifts His voice. But we be able to hear and discern, His voice. The only voice of Truth. And what other truths have we talked about so far..He is our refuge, strength, present help, and now FORTRESS. One of it's meanings is a stronghold...but this is a positive one!"The Lord Almighty is with us." As Romans 8:31 says "What then, shall we say in response to this? if God is for us, who can be against us?"

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always" Psalm 105:4

Hope your weekend is grand!

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture