Train Up A Child

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

This little girl used to ride her bike, play house and baby dolls, make clubs in the woods with all her neighborhood friends,and go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays, all in a place called Rock Mountain Lakes in McCalla, Alabama. What wonderful childhood memories I have growing up there! I have a unique opportunity to share my testimony at the very church where, at nine years old, I gave my heart to Jesus!They are celebrating their thirty-first anniversary of God's Faithfulness...my parent's were charter members of this church so this is really very special! Look at God!But I have to tell you even more...(know you are not surprised;))the day before I got an email from this pastor, I had prayed that I could go back to my roots and share what God has done. And a friend from high school (thanks, Melanie) gave the pastor the link to this blog.He contacted me and we got a date worked out. I had not told anyone except the Lord that I wanted to share at Rock Mountain. He answered the next day. The other neat detail being October ninth marks one year exactly since my last speaking engagement!Uh huh..God is in the details and He is in charge of my schedule, He says go, I go! I have certainly used this year to really heal in more ways than I could have imagined. So much of the physical healing was sometimes easier to deal with than the emotional. But I am miles away from that and loving where I am right now, who I am because of who's I am!!!Jeremiah 1:17 says "Get yourself ready!Stand up and say to them whatever I command you." Got it! God will use everything you have been through to help someone else, and He will be glorified, think on that this afternoon!

Details for next Sunday, Oct 9th...Rock Mountain Lakes Baptist Church, McCalla, AL, 10:30...I will be sharing a brief version of my "testimony of grace" and the message will be brought by Chad Sentell, former youth pastor.

Okay, this is a short letta! Headed out the door to church...had a great weekend..time with friends, planted some mums and pansies outside in the slightly chilly breeze, yoga with Abby and Sophia (a hoot), a science experiment with Luke and Nick (a mess), a boston butt on the smoker (cooked by a one armed grillmaster;)please pray for Jeff's wrist to heal(sidenote), and a glorious church service today at Shades, nap, now gotta run...much love...
Blessings,
Suzanne
P.S. Race for the Cure October 15th more on that tomorrow, know youre gonna sign up after my post tomorrow, just know it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture