Keys of the Kingdom

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:9

Good Morning!It is so nice to be sitting at my desk writing you this letter,it's one of the highlights of my day! It's still dark outside as I write, it's gonna be a full one, so my schedule says, but I am more looking forward to my heart being full! What about you? What I guess I haven't disclosed on here is that I usually spend atleast (a minimum) of thirty minutes reading, writing out my thoughts, feelings (positive and negative) before I ever consider posting anything. So it may appear sometimes that I am always bright and bubbly...ask my family on that one...ha...no, I have to take the time to give my struggles, my attitude, my insecurities over to the Lord before I can pour out to others. It is my most favorite part, pouring out, but I have learned that you can't pour out what's not there! So let me assure you...I am FULL this morning from the feast of God's word, but warn you on the subject matter...PRIDE. Ouch! Yep, that's where I am in the Breaking Free study by Beth Moore. When I looked up Pride in my bible concordance, there were only three verses, two of which were in Proverbs, the other in 1 John. Here they are.."Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:19 and "One's pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor." and "For all that is in the world-the desires of the eys and pride in possessions-is not from the Father but is from the world." 1 John 2:16 We throw that word out, Pride, usually in a negative way to describe someone who, well...here's the definition "too high opinion of oneself." There you have it, there's the truth and the facts on what pride is and what God's word has to say about it. No sugar coating. I have been in the process of learning to let go. Period. Of what you may think? Everything. Everyone. Giving full access of my heart to God to reveal any hinderances in my life that prevent me from living in His image. Perfection, of my expectation of it...perfect house, perfect marriage, perfect kids, perfect clothes,perfect job...A PERFECT MESS!Wearing myself out and for what, to look around and see everything in it's place (for an hour atleast;0). Pride. The Lord has given me the strength to endure and persist through much over the years. Many of you have a story much like mine and others need to hear it. I love getting your emails and prayer requests because together, as we pray, we are able to help bring more and more people to be free in Christ. Okay, I close this morning with words that "Breaking Free:Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life" by Beth Moore (Lifeway Press, Nashville, Tennessee, 1999)pg 58 :

"-God wants to get to our hearts. Pride covers the heart.
-God wants to free us from any hindrances in our past. Pride refuses to take a fresh look back.
-God wants to set us completely free. Pride thinks he's free enough.
-God wants to bring us out of dark closets. Pride says secrets are nobody's business.
-God wants to help us with constraining problems. Pride denies there is a problem.
-God wants to make us strong in Him. Pride won't admit to weakness."

Father, God, we give you full access to our hearts, reveal to each of us where pride is rearing it's ugly head and preventing our true freedom in you. Give us your keys to the kingdom to unlock doors to places that have been closed, for years. Unlock broken hearts, expose darkness to light, take us back so we can repent and then move forward with you. Thank you for the freedom found in you today and the fullness of this day. Thank you for your grace that has set us free. In Jesus name. Amen

MOORE NEWS:Please continue to pray for Jeff's wrist to heal. Also, prayer for the preparation of my testimony on Sunday at Rock Mountain Lakes Baptist, that God will be shown mighty! And over Abby and Luke' school!
year. I am expecting the Lord to do many great things in our family the remainder of 2011!

"For great is the Lord and greatly to be praised; he is to be feared above all gods." Psalm 96:4

Blessings,
Suzanne
P.S. Race from the Cure, Oct 15th, Join the Nationview Team!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture