A Spirit Of Unity

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus," Romans 15:5

Dear family and friends,
Thank you so much for the "spirit of unity" you have shown the past week in going to the Lord in prayer on my behalf (for the tests) and then rejoicing when the results were ALL CLEAR. I typed, texted, emailed and said those two words quite a bit yesterday!I am honestly telling you though, I had a peace and stayed in faith that, no matter what, cancer or no cancer, I am healed and I am free!! At the Cancer Support Meeting at church Wednesday night, we had quite a large list of people with cancer to pray for, it can be overwhelming at times. It is only with the strength of God that we can sometimes keep standing in battle. And I was rejoicing in good results yesterday, I heard about a little boy named Evan who had been fighting cancer (and won), he went to be with the Lord and my heart immediately broke for his parents and loved ones. It is the spirit of unity that ties it all together so we can encourage in the good and hard times. I talked with another awaiting results and another who had a recurrence and another awaiting surgery. Before YOU get overwhelmed...smile...know, that this is my calling, my God given calling. Because I had cancer, I can help others with cancer. Because I have Jesus, I can share Jesus with others! What is your story? What breaks your heart the moment you hear, because you have been there? It is that very thing that God will use to help and encourage others. Last year, I spoke at a church on the day of Race for the Cure and the theme was a little different...
2010
In 2009
With Michelle Michaels, my inspiration in my fight!!Standing with you in yours, my friend!!! (www.caringbridge.org Michellemichaels)

So, today is a new day,we celebrate our victory and get back to work! I would love for you to join me and my team at the 2011 Race for the Cure on October 15th!! The company Jeff works for Nationview is so generously (and sweetly) sponsoring me in the race this year! We have a team formed and ready for you to join! I will continue to "advertise" daily on the blog...

Go to: http://ncalabama.info-komen.org

Click on "Register for Race" then "Join an existing team"

Team Name is: Nationview (click search for team, then Nationview in blue)

Once our team is up you can click on any of our names to register:))

It is Because of the Work of the Susan G Komen and other Research organizations that I was able to receive detection, diagnosis and treatment for Breast Cancer. As I have said before, almost every day, I hear of someone new that is diagnosed with breast cancer, please join us in finding a medical cure for breast cancer!!! Jesus is the cure of our soul! My heart is full of joy and my eyes a little tearful because of another new day....of life. Live yours to the fullest today!

"I am crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

(TGIF)

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture