Pray Without Ceasing

"Pray without ceasing" 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Tonight I am sharing a story and asking for prayer for a prayer request....

Here goes...

We left early on Friday afternoon to Smith Lake to enjoy some sunshine and Alabama Football! Our friends, the Hengers, also joined us as their lakehouse is being remodeled. My very favorite time at the lake is (you probably already guessed) early morning. The sunrise there is beautiful, always. The water was still and I so enjoyed my reading and writing time. Ahhh...And the stillness before all the little peeps arise and begin the questions...can we swim yet, can you take us on a golf cart ride, can we make cinammon rolls? So after we made the cinammon rolls, rode on the golf cart..it was around 9:30 am. I was still in my PJ's and we were sitting around talking, watching the kids from the window, as I drank yet another cup of coffee.

We heard the four of them come screaming (which is not unusual) and Abby and Sophia were saying at the same time " a man fell off the rocks and he is not movvvvvinggg...pointing to the next door neighbor's house. We jumped up and ran as fast as we could. We stopped and looked down from the twenty foot embankment and saw Mr. Ernie face down on the rocks and his riding lawnmower to the side of him. I wish I could say I was calm but I lost it, how could this be happening? My friend handed me the 911 call and headed down the bank to help. Rob was there moving the rocks and I ran in the house to tell his wife. I didn't realize the miracle that had occurred just yet. I saw another couple on the bank when I came back out. They had heard the crash and the girls screaming, jumped overboard and swam to shore to help. Mr. Ernie was concious by now but complaining of his back hurting and had other cuts on his head. But he was talking. The local fire and rescue got there and the ambulence was on it's way. He was taken from the bank and put on a neighbors pontoon boat and brought to the beach area at our place. Then lifted into the ambulence..only to be taken right down the road to a pasture and picked up by the Airvac helicopter to UAB Trauma Center. The EMT asked the kids if they were the ones who saw him fall. When they said "yes" he told them they had save someone's life today, it was critical. We know that the Lord had us there, had them there, swimming at that time, at that place. Thank you sweet Jesus.

So please remember Mr. Ernie in your prayers tonight. He is recovering from surgery done yesterday on his lower back vertabrae. His head has staples and is somewhat uncomfortable to lay on. He is quite the trooper and we are praising God that He is in the healing hand of the Great Physician. His family is right by his side.We love you Mr. Ernie and know you are healed. We are praying without ceasing.

"But I call to God, and the LORD saves me." Psalm 56:16

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway