Not As the World Gives

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." John 14:27"

Good Sunday morning. It is September 11, 2011, ten years after the tradgedy and loss of more than three thousand lives. Lives of people in this world who were mothers, daughters, fathers, sons, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends. People who were loved and were by others. These "others" were left with a change of circumstances, in just a moment.


I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. With the cooler weather, we have taken full advantage of our patio. When summer began the flowers out there were so beautiful. Rows of white and pink impatiens, pots of red and white petunias and yellow lantana. . By August, my days were busier and they got watered less and less. This is a nice way of saying, the sun scorched them and I forgot to water!!

However, we are about to begin a new season, so mums and pansies are what I visualize, for the time being. I do alot of visualizing, and it seems to work for me..ha!On Friday evening Jeff grilled steaks from our favorite butcher shop (Mr. P's), the kids had their music blaring and were doing their tricks all over the backyard. I actually sat at our new outdoor dining table and relaxed. We ate on the outdoor dining table with candles, a blessed event. And yesterday was low key, Alabama football, continuous bike riding and play for the kids, oh and Abby got a feather put in her hair (all the rage for age). I stepped back out on the patio to grill some hot dogs and couldn't help but say thank you Lord for these kind of days. I then thought of all the families who possibly had this very same kind of day maybe, just the day before 9/11 attacks. Lives were normal, then they were devastated. The world came together during that time, yet the peace that was given, could have only been from our heavenly father. How else do you keep going? I think perhaps the hardest part is these families feeling that we have forgotton what they have been, are still, and will always be going through, to a certain extent. I say a prayer right now for those effected by loss. All of you, 9/11 or your own loss in life. In my own life, being in the path of those with cancer, my heart breaks every time I hear "they lost their battle to cancer" when really they didn't lose at all, they fought and they won. With cancer it is usually a longer, drawn out time, but it is no different from a collapse of burning building. So today, please remember those who have gone before us. Live in the moment, enjoy your family and friends,reconnect, give yourself a break for things not done,forgive, give thanks to the Lord for this very day, spend time with Him reading His word. The peace will come from Him, not things, people or the world.

MOORE NEWS: Update on Mr. Ernie...I saw him on Thursday, in a room, moved from ICU. He seemed to be recovering well from the back surgery, and was smiling and talking. His wife is there with him and I know they both need some rest. I didn't include that they live in Mississippi so I pray that he will be able to go home soon and continue to be restored there. Keep them in your prayers. By His wounds, we are healed (1 Peter 2:24)

Read Jesus' words today in John 14.

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way; the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture