TRUST the Lord

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5


I sat in this chair (March 2009) TRUSTING the Lord for the Chemotherapy to demolish any cancer cells still lingering in my body....


I sat in this chair (June 2009) TRUSTING the Lord to rebuild my body "head to toe"...


And now I sit in this chair (August 2011) morning after morning TRUSTING the Lord for the day ahead...



Proverbs 3:5 is my life verse, etched on my heart. I have learned to trust the Lord even when I don't understand who, what, when, where or my biggy HOW. But not on easy street! Many aspects through the years have caused me to trust, fully rely and believe in the Lord's ways. Many times before and some thereafter, breast cancer. I love the example of trust being described like sitting in a chair....we don't think, contemplate, analyze or agonize over whether we will sit down, we just...sit down. That's what our trust should be. A done deal. Oh,praise God for His mercy to those of us who wear ourselves out with worry rather than trust. Trusting the LORD no matter what. And there will be whats. But there's also great joy and gladness with the surrender to His heart and not our own understanding! So, what is it in your life that needs "sit down?" Plop right down in that chair and let him have it! Leave a comment on your thoughts!

MOORE NEWS:Great night at church tonight! I am a small group leader for the sixth grade girls. I am amazed at their hearts (and sillyness and giggling)and beautiful prayers tonight! Even Abby decided to join my group which is making it more special! Jeff is teaching the third grade boys..Luke loves having his Dad as his teacher! They are memorizing the Great Commission. And now this tired girl is hitting the sack! Ready to sit in my chair in the morning..with my Bible, stack of books, journal and hot coffee...heaven on earth!

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit." Psalm 147:5

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

  1. Love your posts! Sometimes I wander around trying to decide which chair to sit in before I realize it's not up to me to find the right spot. Maybe this will help me remember I don't have to worry - just sit and talk and let God do his work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture