Glad When It Grew Calm

"They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven." Psalm 107:30

Good morning. I have been up a while, it's still dark outside, but boy have the lights of my heart have been shining bright. I laugh at the fact that I can thank my thirteen year old Yorkie for this blessed time. She is my alarm clock these days, I heard her barking (or one bark...one bark..another bark) from across the house and through my ear plugs! And by the way, our house is ranch-style so I was literally on the other side of the house and her bark drifted down our long hall to reach me. I finally got up, looked at my watch (4:35 am),came to the kitchen to see what was going on. She stood in front of her water bowl, her empty water bowl!As I filled her water bowl, I pushed the "on" button on the coffee maker. This will turn out good for the both of us! She got her water, probably two sips because she only weighs five pounds and I got an hour and a half of studying, praying and feasting on God's word.

Let me share just a few "treasures" from that time. I read Psalm 107 in it's entirety but camped out on verses 29-31 "He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. 30 They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven. 31 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men."
And right then I began to thank the Lord, worship Him, right there propped up in my bed for his healing my body of cancer, for stilling the storm after several years of lots of waves...and now they are hushed. At the sound of his voice, they are hushed. I am still. I am hushed. I am thankful. He has guided me to my desired haven. Haven on earth. Yet it doesn't quite look like what my flesh would think. There continue to be others kinds of waves rippling, crashing down...the reality of every day life without a crisis. Just normal occurences...a dead car battery, coaxing children into homework, a mistake, a messy house, bills to pay, etc. Yet now is my season to write and rejoice in this time of stillness. My activity level is busier than ever, and I prayed to get here, yet my Spirit is calm because of the unfailing love of Jesus! Praise you Lord for this eye opener. Every season changes, until then I listen for the whisper, the hush. It's funny that this day would begin with a bark, but you hush and still and provide your word to water our thirst and feed our hunger for righteousness.

Now just to drive the point home, I hear three barks (yes as I am writing this),smile, one right after the other as if Katie means business! Yep, it's 6:00 am time for her breakfast, can food delight...and time to wake the kids! "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24 Ask the Father today, and believe. And share what He's done for you! Add a comment if you have a prayer request and/or praise!

MOORE News: Yoga is becoming my new favorite thing! Never would have guessed that..I have always been intimidated by the thought and now my body is loving the benefits. Last night I went with my friend, LeeAnn to the Susan G Komen Foundation in Birmingham, to a class they offer. Though I was twisting like a pretzel, it was relaxing. And there among women of all ages who have been in the storm of cancer. Hushed.

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

  1. Yea!!!! I've so missed your writing, so I'm so excited you have decided to blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture