Get Your House in Order: Front Room

“The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness. 6 and he will be the stability of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is Zion’s treasure.”
 Isaiah 33:5-6

Front Room-Temporary Office Before

So if you wonder where I am writing or working lately, it's right here at this little secretary. In the front room of the house, off the foyer. Not one thing fancy, organized or permanent about it. One word...functional. The front room is functional right now. It's temporary in every sense of the word. We haven't quite figured out what furniture works in this house. I think I have basically moved everything into the attic and have this picture of going up there to "shop" once we get some of the renovations done. It's so unlike me to not be chomping at the bit, punch list and all to get started! Yet, I find more enjoyment out of these little pockets of time that I can do a little and see the progress. Time is a precious commodity. I know that in time, the projects will get done, I just don't want to spend so much time on the projects that I miss time with the people..smile! I have definitely been guilty of that in the past. I have asked the Lord to reel me in on that and keep me focused on what's important. I continue to quote "be thankful you did not regret you didn't". As I have in other posts, a few ideas are...definitely a lighter color, open up doorway and a few more possibilities that are just way too detailed to explain just yet! Stay tuned..

 A house in need of this much TLC could easily sweep me away..
not this time..
in Jesus name. Amen.

Front room Before 

You see, I love projects. I make projects out of projects. Oh at the "fixing" I could do. Thank the Lord Jesus I have been delivered of trying to fix anything and anybody in my path! It's just not a healthy way for me to live anymore. I am not in control anyway, though I had the illusion that I was. Wow, how freeing. I have a Lord and Savior who is in control. Even after all these years of loving the Lord, I still had not completely realized how badly I was handling certain situations. Now, this is a daily dying to self, because let me tell you, I can jump right back into this way of living in a second. God does not need my help. His word tells us "..I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst." John 6:35 "Jesus said to him, "I am the way , and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6
He is the "I am."

As our home is being made new, so is our life...Hallelujah!

Day#246 Prayer Warriors change lives
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture