Get Your House in Order: Time to Start Packing

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." 
Psalm 28:7



I packed my first box today. Now we are getting down to the wire and it still doesn't seem real. I am excited for the change yet I found myself in a little bit of nostalgia on my walk. I rounded the corner to hear a familiar sound then I saw it...a pink barbie jeep! I can still see my little Abby zipping around in hers, with Luke as the passenger, chewing on gum like nobody's business! Makes me laugh thinking about it! Then a little further up the street, I approach a father watering his grass while holding the hand of his tiny toddler son, I was taken back. Especially since Luke is turning twelve tomorrow and Abby will be driving a real jeep (cherokee) in October! Those memories correlate back to this house on Gentilly Drive.

So, it's time to start packing. That is, after the party tomorrow night! It's late and I have decorated the kitchen for Luke's big day (for the last time here..sniff sniff). It's a tradition that I decorate the table for their birthdays..guess we will start some new traditions at the new house too. That's exciting to think about!

I thank God for each and every detail that has so carefully been taken care of today and through this process. There are always more reasons than one that we go through different tests in life. I pray that I am constantly reminded to keep my eyes on Him. My help and my shield. What a blessing!

Day#138 Time to pack

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture