Get Your House in Order: New Normal

"God has poured out His love into our hearts."


Romans 5:5

Birthday Dinner June 2011

Hey there! It seems that today, I have circled back to a term that I used many times when I was going through my own trial of sickness..."the new normal." You know how you go through things and in the moment, there is so much adrenaline, then you settle in and realize that it is just the way life is going to be in this season. Well, we are there. The ups and downs of the new normal.

It is great news that Mom is progressing, the treatment is working and she is only on one liter of oxygen now, we praise God for this today! When I got to the hospital, it appeared to me that she had changed a little. I tried to wait a while and just see if it was me. Once she got up out of the bed, she looked better and said she felt better than being in the bed. I sat in the chair nect to her as news from each of the doctors coming in, one by one, giving report of their portion of her diagnosis. There has been change with her heart (was apparently in afib yesterday) and so they put her on another afib medication, replacing the one they removed. Her body has been through so much. All along I have said, she looks so good. Today she began showing the fatigue of what has been a difficult week. I assume all the medications also have something to do with this as well. But being able to breathe better, we had a nice visit, did some essentials and she ate a good dinner. 

One thing about Mom, she smiles, she talks strongly and she apologizes to the medical staff to make everyone think she is doing just great. And she is doing well. She still has a ways to go. She is still very much in need of prayer for: protection from complications, for her heart to stay in rhythm, the rheumotoid arthritis to stay in remission, oxygen levels to continue to be normal, her lungs to be restored and for physical strength. 

The doctors said she will stay in ICU and will be on a day by day basis as to determine when she will be ready to go to a regular room. I am happy with that. She needs to be there. Tonight I am thankful, for seven days later, to be writing about her recovery. Life changes in a minute. And I don't take it lightly, it's too precious. So we begin a new week, knowing more what is going on and allow the process. The Lord is healing her.

And Mom is still being my Mom and  insists that I take care of myself during all this, so it is up to me to listen to her. To try and balance the new normal, but wait a minute, this where I must, I will "trust the Lord with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding but in all my ways acknowledge him and he will make my paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (my life verse).

Day#46 Focus on Balance

Blessings, 
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture