Get Your House in Order: Follow Through

"For from him and through him and to him are all things. 

To him be the glory forever. Amen."

Romans 11:36



Luke's sunflower he planted from seeds in 2013


A very wise woman, I know and love, shared this saying that had been passed down to her...

"Be thankful that you did, not regretful that you didn't."

I have carried that with me day after day. To try and live without regrets. When I feel I need to make that call, text or email a scripture, stop and talk or visit someone, I try my best to do it right then. And every time that I follow through, whether I really know the reason or not, I am thankful to God I did.  Life is but a vapor " Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes," James 4:14 (NIV)

Who can you be a blessing to today? When we take the focus off ourselves, it's amazing how life seems to have so much more meaning. Serving others is where our actions and our words collide. We can say things, make promises,have good intentions,even smile (all day long) but without follow through we have missed the mark. I can't tell you how many times I have been on the receiving end of someone else's follow through and how wonderful it is to know that God put me on their heart that day. Don't let me miss the mark, Lord. Amen.

Day #29 Discipline yourself to follow through

Blessings, 
Suzanne
P.S. Did you read Psalm 4 today??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture