Get Your House in Order: Sock Hop


"Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe."
1 Timothy 4:12

2015 Mother/Son Dinner...1950's Sock Hop!

Shades Mountain Baptist Church



I was thrilled that this was a dress-up dinner because I actually had a poodle skirt my Aunt Willete had given me years ago:) I borrowed a scarf from Mom and red vans from Abby..all set. So when I came bopping in the kitchen singing "Grease is the word, is the word, that you heard, it's got move, it's got" (you get the picture), and meet my date, he says "Looks good, Mommy but are you SURE everyone is dressing up?" And until we pulled up and saw some poodle skirts and scarves, I think he was a little reluctant to his peppy date in the time warp! Haha!



This dinner has been a highlight each year, a special time for Luke and I. And each year he has behaved better and better, those first years were a little tricky, having to be still that long..smile. Most years they have a magician for the entertainment and they always tie in the gospel at the end. This was our last one, and Luke received his medal with the other sixth graders! 1 Timothy 4:12 was inscribed on the back (verse tonight:))



And the past few years it's a been a double date, with our best friends Shelley and Canon. We totally would have been friends in the 50's! We always do an after party at Yogurt Lab. We talked about other options but then Shelley and I laughed and she said "under the circumstances, (glancing at our oh so cool attire) I think we better stick with Yogurt Lab."  The boys gulped down the yogurt and played hide and seek. We were busy talking but I feel sure there were a few looks...


And here's to many more dates with my sweet Luke, he is growing up way too fast. I thank God for his faith, kind heart and his laugh. I pray to lead by example and to always point him to the Father. Amen. "But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

Day#31 Discipline yourself to make lasting memories 
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway