Giddy-up, Let's Go!

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory."
2 Corinthians 3:18
Abby and Elvis

On this week of Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for the girls trip via Abby's Horse Show in Perry, Georgia this weekend. Sometimes the best conversations are in the car, whether in carpool, to and from activities or on a trip like this one. Before we knew it, we were almost there and we had covered high school from A to Z and I am sure I added some of my stories, as usual:) I really treasure that time with her. We also stopped and had a good dinner on the way and put on PJ's and piled in the bed as soon as we got to the hotel. A true girls trip for sure!

Now, the week leading up to this awesome time was less than fun..at one point Abby said "there are too many signs that we shouldn't go." I kept plowing through each hurdle, seeing the Lord answer prayers, as I trusted and obeyed him to perservere. I had to make a concious choice to let Him handle all of the distractions because I eventually recognized that was what they were. Abby was also able to see the Sovereignty of God's provision. He provided every thing that we needed, in just the right moment, at just the right place, in just enough time. But shouldn't every day be viewed like that?

That question stopped me in my cowboy boots :)!

 "I am the Lord God who teaches you for your benefit, who leads you in the way you should go."
Isaiah 48:17
Parent Lead Line..harder than it looks!
And who knew that Abby and I both would get a Blue Ribbon this weekend (So proud of you, Abby!) ? About six of us Moms signed up to do the Parent Lead line for Charity. I signed up and then thought about it! I haven't been on a horse since a trail ride in high school. Wow, I really have a whole new appreciation for the skill and strength it takes for these girls in this sport! Abby was giving me tips on how to hold the reigns, straighten my posture, keep my knees in, etc...thankful we just rode two times around the arena!My only concern was to stay on the horse..haha! And by the way, all  the parents got blue ribbons for participation. It was a sweet memory I won't forget. And I will let Abby continue to be the equestrian in the family..smile.


Abby and Emma before showtime!!
It was fun to be with all our friends at Rocking S Farms and watch them all do so well! A special thanks to Suzanne and Christi for your dedication in instructing Abby these past few years. She truly loves the whole barn experience from tacking up to giddy-up let's go! Walk, trot, Canter:)

Great weekend, great show, GREAT GOD!!! 

Blessings, 
Suzanne

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive an inheritance, obeyed." Hebrews 11:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture