31 Days of Pink: Hats, Scarves and a Wig

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your armor and protection."
Psalm 91:4

Scarves were my new look of the season

 I bought a wig with the intention of wearing every day. I thought that if I had that "covering" on my bald head I could just blend in and no one would know what was really going on. In the outside world atleast. As I was looking for a picture to put in this post, I was unable to find a one with me in my wig! I wore it at first, but it was uncomfortable on my tender head, always feeling a little like it might tilt off at any given moment and H.O.T.! So, I began to open up to the idea of scarves and hats and wore the wig less and less. Now, to say it's easy walking around with this look, would not be truthful. Some days I flat out didn't care because I felt so bad. But others, it felt overwhelming to know that I couldn't just be normal or would be looked at or not recognized as myself. It all comes with the process.  What I have continued to try and remember and live out daily, from this part of the experience, is this:

Always look people in the eye and smile, don't look away at their  disability, their wheelchair, their bald or covered head, look them in the eye, it may be just the courage they need that day. 

 God has made us each in his own image. In the stripping away of my outer appearance, I found the true significance of a rebuilt life in Christ. From the ground up. "You alone are the Lord, You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.  Nehemiah 9:6  So in the treatment process, the Lord was beginning to open up my heart and let the inner healing take place as he rebuilt my physical body. And my mind, which is where the battlefield is for all of us! I am so thankful for the time I had during this season, even as bad as I felt, I got to sit at the feet of Jesus for days at a time. Removed from all other distractions, just He and I. It was a special time. And it changed me. For the better. Thank you, Lord Jesus!

Here are some snapshots (which I never thought I would share or even care to look at again) but it is so important for those of you out there going through this to know, take pictures, you will probably want them later. For me, it is encouraging to see what God did.


Looks like Gatlinburg dress up, huh? Wig/hat look
This was my fav scarf and shirt:) with Dad
Monogram ballcap with Shelley


 Pink addidas walking hat with Paige and MC

 In almost every picture do you notice the black band under my hats/scarves? It is a must have for chemo patients. A cotton black turban, well Abby and I called it a beret, but it's soft and easy to wash. I wore it all the time and by itself when just at home.

Tip: get a scarf hanger for your new collection! If you have a friend going through chemo, this would be a great gift.

Blessings, Suzanne

"Cast your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture