Get Set

"Therefore, we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud  of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" 
Hebrews 12:1

For the past three weeks, I have begun to"ease" into running and may even be..almost.. to the point of saying.. that I like it (very softly:)). I made the decision to RUN in The Race for the Cure this year. Period. I put it out here in the blog world for some accountability and within a day or two God had sent me a running partner! I didn't think of that, He did! So, see there, if we sign up for the challenge, He will provide who and what we need! Now, I must tell you about the big event of my first run with my new partner. She told me that she runs about three miles, has a great route and we can go early morning. We set up the time, all the while, I am thinking to myself, "I will show up, and after that first mile, I will just have to tell her to go on ahead, surely I can run a mile though???". Then my thoughts  progressed to "what on earth am I am thinking, I can't do this!" I really had to  pray through those doubts and fears. In faith, I showed up. This was going to be as interesting to me as it was to you right now. We ran.  I loved the route,through nature and neighborhoods. We got acquainted, because though we go to church together, we really don't know each other well. We kept running. We walked very little and we made it back to the path where we started. 

She stopped her watch and said "Well, that was three miles." with a smile. 

Do what?


Look what I saw yesterday! Only You, Lord!
Praise the Lord! Really, she had no idea what a big (gigantic) deal this was to me! Well, until I saw her at church and I was telling about ten people..haha! So, thank you, Jennifer Harvey, for coming along side me and helping me reach a goal! God set this up for sure! I am looking forward to this becoming a habit and not a short term gig!

My running adventure is much like the race of life. Sometimes we just have to SHOW UP in faith! We all have a "race that is set before us" like Hebrews 12:1 says. Even when we have no idea if we can do something completely new, we just have to make a decision to trust Him.  I needed a little (itty bitty) nudge to get out of my comfort zone, do something different that required me to stretch myself and move forward in this good health the Lord restored . In the blink of an eye, I can think back five years ago and  see myself walking to the mailbox and back, frail and weak, thinking "I can't do this!" Hmm, sound familiar? I had to show up then too. One step at a time. One day at a time. One prayer at a time.  

Never will I take it lightly. I pray I always show up, Lord. Because I know that I am not alone, you are with me. I cannot go anywhere that you are not there too. You never leave or forsake me. I praise you for these legs that can run and for a mind that gets determined to do something and you help me follow through. Help me to finish my race of life strong because I lived by your ways not my own. I pray tonight for those who are facing hard situations that they RUN straight to you, Lord. Your word says"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10 Thank you for your love. Amen.


Moore News: A little more on the race of life..Here is a picture of Abby and Luke the day of registration for High School and Middle School............


Abby (14), Luke (11)

I must confess (maybe I already have) how hard this milestone was for me. I worked at the High School registration and my mind went immediately back to my sassy self, years ago, when the elementary school had the Sip n' Sob for Kindergarten. I did not attend those. I am not saying I didn't shed some tears, but I certainly didn't need a party for it! I sooo wanted a high school/middle school Sip n' Sob...I sobbed anyway..for days.

 It finally hit me. My heart was so heavy because another goal had been reached. I lived to see them start middle and high school. There was a time when I gave them back to the Lord, I thought I would never wake up. On earth, that is, I knew I would be with Jesus eternally but I would have to leave them, Jeff and my family behind for a while. Many of you have heard that story. Perhaps I can put it in writing one day soon. (On another post:) But the sobbing stopped and we soon set into a routine of new carpools, homework, learning new study habits and talking through tales of the day. I am loving this race right now. We are making progress, nobody's perfect, thank the Lord we are forgiven! And they even look like they love each other in this picture..haha, most days they like each other (for a minute or two)! That's middle and high school for ya! The best is yet to come!

Okay, On Your Mark, Get Set....

Blessings,
Suzanne


"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." 
Ephesians 6:10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence