Be Strong

"For to the snow He says, 'Fall on the earth, ' And to the downpour and the rain, 'Be strong'.
Job 37:6
Snow of February 12, 2014, note:Rescue jeep pictured
We have lived here, in this house for twelve years. We have seen many seasons come and go, but never has it been like this year! Two snow covering, school closing, work delaying weeks of uncertain conditions. After the last snow, it certainly provoked a fear of uncertainty and flat out refusal to even put myself in a compromising position. Abby and Luke both were at friend's houses this time. So the house had quite a different feel. It felt like a time to rest. And by resting I mean physical and mental. I could do some things I wanted to do with no interuption. I have (am learning) to really embrace and enjoy these sacred moments of rest And when fear comes I can rest in Him, that calls me to surrender uncertainty and replace it with Hope that He is making the rough places smooth.
Today is what I have been given.

 "Therefore, behold, I will allure her and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. And there I will give her vineyards and make the valley of Achor a door of Hope. And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth, as the time when she came out of the land of Egypt." 
Hosea 2:14-15
Catherine and I walking to Starbucks February 12, 2014

My long time walking cohort and confidant, Catherine, texted me at 6:00 am to see if we could possibly walk to Starbuck's coffee again on this snowy morning. A little later of course. Funny that I woke up thinking the same thing. We had so much fun doing this walk on the first snow, that I knew I wanted to do it again. The first go round for me was a release ( time away from my beloved family who were all grating each other's nerves..haha) from cabin fever and some time to catch up with her. This time it was to enjoy seeing the snow myself. I have (am learning) learned to take some time 
to see things as children do, have fun and just be,
 in the moment, at the appointed time, 
because because life is but a vapor (James 4:14).

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time...though it tarry, wait for it; because surely it will come, it will not tarry." Habakuk 2:3

The Camelia trees, that were already firmly planted and established by previous owners, are blooming and were covered in snow at the same time made me stop in my tracks, my snow track..smile. It represented to me that I can bloom in any condition, any season, any circumstance. Wow! Seems like that cold would choke out the possibility of that flower making it through this storm. The second snow storm. Oh no, that is not God's way. He made them to bloom in this season, for His purposes and  they are fully strengthened and equipped. I have (am learning) learned to live, really live, free in Christ. Regardless of an unexpected storm, an expected storm or just a plain ole bad day, God is who I cling to, nothing else. I can't. I won't. Not anymore. What freedom!! It's there for all of us. 

"You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 2:1

Happy first day of March! 
March on and
Be Strong!

Blessings,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway