Exchange

"For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul."
Matthew 16:26

Good evening!I can honestly say I have enjoyed this holiday weekend with much peace. As I was unpacking all the many, many, many christmas decorations and ornaments today, I began to notice a theme...the word PEACE.  Peace on earth. Hmmmm, we sing about it, it's on our christmas cards but is it really possible to have peace with all the craziness in this world?? In our own life?

"and the peace of God, which surpasses
 all understanding, will guard our hearts and
minds through Christ Jesus."
                                                          Philippians 4:7 

The peace I have received does surpass all understanding and believe me, you probably don't want to hear me try and explain. Better stick to writing! God has given me so much peace over the years but I think many times I missed it, I didn't receive it. Now, I welcome simplicity and just quality time with family and friends over the perfect decor or gathering.For me peace meant being at home all day and getting just the "hard part" done on the trees (yes, there's several),like the lights and ribbons,  so everyone could do the "fun part, ", the ornaments.  In reality, I did most or all of the "parts" but I really enjoyed it. For some of you, peace may have meant getting out and shopping all night or another tradition with your family. Whatever you chose to do I pray that today was filled with the peace of God, only what He can give and only what you will receive from him.

Moore News: Thanksgiving lunch was at our house with our parents and my Aunt, very peaceful. Jeff did the turkey on the smoker and I made two new dishes...sweet potato casserole and ambrosia (neither of which my little family unit will touch with a ten foot pole ;)) And we had all the homemade fixin's for sure! Abby and Luke did a bible reading before the dinner and Pop had prayer and of course, we had an after dinner Dogshow in the backyard! "The Magnificent Moore's Mutts" Show out in the sunshine! Right after that we moved on to the next event...birthday parties for my nieces, Mae (7) and Ruby (4) so Aunt Suz pulled off the decorating and might I add there were some peace signs (theme here) for Mae and Ariel from the Little Mermaid for Ruby! Complete day of fun and parties and playing with cousins!  Just like I remember my Thanksgiving as a child!!! And this morning, we had three extra children in the house, laughter and an early game of hide and go seek...in the midst of boxes of christmas decorations...I even had peace in the midst of that!

PEACE
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture